Phone Call Hangs on Droid Maxx
rsdeuce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased a used Maxx, and it was factory reset on arrival. Whenever I try to make a phone call, the phone application hangs, and eventually crashes and closes. If I soft reset, I am able to make the phone call, but then a second call later that day requires another restart. I am looking for any help with this as a known issue. If not, I will factory reset the phone and try again. It is very annoying. Other than this issue the OS and other apps work fine.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Call Hangs on Droid Maxx
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try safe mode to check symptoms by disabled 3rd part apps. But yes you may need a new sim

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rsdeuce!

Let's look into this! Did the issue begin immediately upon activation? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rsdeuce
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has done it as long as I have had it, which is less than a week. I am not running any applications at the moment that I didn't have downloaded on my previous phone. Of course, on sign in it downloaded all of the applications that it knew of from my Google account.

I can provide a list of what I have installed if that helps. There is nothing out of the ordinary installed. The only application that I have installed that has to do with the Phone app is CallTrack, which is an app that logs my phone records to my Gmail calendar so I have an independent log of my calls. I have used it for years without issue.

The exact symptoms: I try to call someone (new number, known number it doesn't matter) and the app is stuck at "Dialing" for about 45 seconds. It is responsive, and I can pull up the dial pad or my call logs. I can back out of the app (minimize) as well. After the freeze the call ends with a time of 00:00. If I soft reboot, I can make calls without issue. I have tried making up to 3 right after a restart. But at some point after the restart it stops working and I have to reboot again.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds Like a Sim Card issue, And just for asking you have  A  Verizonwireless account established correct.! ?  if so I would try & get a New Sim Card from the Local Store in your area have the Reps check the Phone make sure it has a Clear E.S.M.  if it does not  they may not be able to hook up the phone to your account, but if the E.S.M.  is clear then ask for the Sim Card have the Rep install it and do a Run all check on the phone before you leave the store..

Hope this Helps,  Good Luck.. b33

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try safe mode to check symptoms by disabled 3rd part apps. But yes you may need a new sim

rsdeuce
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had a chance to drop by the store for a new SIM, but I plan on doing so. I am using the old SIM from my previous phone and had cut it down to fit (from regular to Nano.) Although I did a very precision job, it is likely to be the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for that, because I wouldn't have thought of it. I will report back as to whether or not it fixes the problem.

0 Likes