Phone can't connect to cellular network internationally
rudiepoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else had issues with the phone not connecting to any cellular network internationally? All the other phones I owned HTC and Sony on verizon have been able to go into Roaming state and have a cellular connection. I would then receive the local text messages stating 'Welcome to the country and how to dial out'. I am in Seoul, S. Korea which uses both CDMA and GSM and my Turbo 2 can't find any cellular network. Wifi works fine but no cell network. Cant even make emergency calls due to no signal found. I've tried multiple things and even reboot, change Global to LTE/CDMA, remove sim card...nothing works. My HTC M8 or Xperia Z3v never had this issue. I'm Tech Savy and know my way around android phones. Could this be an issue with the SIM card or phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone can't connect to cellular network internationally
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would have thought Global or GSM mode would be more likely to connect to the networks abroad.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rudiepoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah...tried everything. No cell network found. Going to try and return the phone as soon as I get back. I will get screwed by Verizon cause I'm already past my 14 day trial.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You won't be able to return it. At best you can sell it on Swappa and recoup most of the phone cost.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rudiepoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

basically I would have to buy out my Edge contract on the phone and do a trade in, but It might be better to sell the device as you stated to get more of my money back.

0 Likes