Phone crashed after update and will not turn on
keishab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my Droid Razr Maxx yesterday and the phone completely crashed and would never start back up after the update. The pgone keeps displaying the Motorola "M" but will not go past that. I have tried to do the soft reset by using the voulume up and power key and the phone will balcck off but when it comes back on it continues to only display the Motorola "M" symbol. I also let the phone completely die to see if that would fix the problem but that did not work either. What could be the cause of this problem? Is there a way to fix this problem?

>> Subject edited for brevity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone crashed after update and will not turn on
yoseft_vzw
Verizon Employee

Let's get your phone back up and running, Keishab! I appreciate all that you've done thus far. Are you able to get your device to power up in the Boot Mode Selection Menu. I've provided the instructions here, http://vz.to/1xyvikX . You do not need to complete the factory reset but I do want to see if it will power up into this menu option.

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yoseft_vzw
Verizon Employee

Let's get your phone back up and running, Keishab! I appreciate all that you've done thus far. Are you able to get your device to power up in the Boot Mode Selection Menu. I've provided the instructions here, http://vz.to/1xyvikX . You do not need to complete the factory reset but I do want to see if it will power up into this menu option.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
keishab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to use the information that you have provided for me but when I went into the recovery the phone just displayed an icon which looked like the android with his chest open. This icon was displayed for around 3-5 minutes and then it went off and the phone went right back to the red "M". I also tried pushing the buttons like the instructions said to do during this process and nothing changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying! Let's try one more time. When you are on the screen with the Android wit the chest open, that is the Droid triage screen. This is step 5 in this link. Those steps are very specific, please do not let go of the Volume down button, when pressing and releasing the Volume up button. Please keep us updated with your progress this second time around!

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
ald5178

My phone is having the same issue! I can't get anything to turn on after the update. My phone was plugged in and 100% charged when the update was installed this morning. When I checked on my phone expecting it to be done it was off. Won't turn on at all.

0 Likes