Phone is slow in opening photo album, etc.??
Zinta

Phone is slow in opening photo album, etc.??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone is slow in opening photo album, etc.??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zinta. I know how important it is to get to your phone's memories fast so you can show off your pictures. I've come across this on my own phone a few times when I have too many pictures on my phone. It's good to occasionally move your pictures from your phone to a more permanent storage, like your computer or an external hard drive. It's easy to move pictures using the steps at http://vz.to/I1DNfD. If you're still having trouble after clearing some of your pictures and videos from your phone, please let us know what happens when you try to open. Do you get an error? Are there other applications that are slow to open?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zinta. I know how important it is to get to your phone's memories fast so you can show off your pictures. I've come across this on my own phone a few times when I have too many pictures on my phone. It's good to occasionally move your pictures from your phone to a more permanent storage, like your computer or an external hard drive. It's easy to move pictures using the steps at http://vz.to/I1DNfD. If you're still having trouble after clearing some of your pictures and videos from your phone, please let us know what happens when you try to open. Do you get an error? Are there other applications that are slow to open?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
droid_does_life
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going to the website is a pain in the you-know-what. Instead, take the USB cable that connects to your wall charger. Plug in the USB first to your PC, then to your phone. A notification will appear on the top of your phone's screen. Select it by pulling down the menu, and make sure that "Use as MTP device" is selected.

Your PC will then pop-up a screen for Motorola. Accept the privacy terms, allow it to make changes on your computer (since it will have to transfer data from your phone to your PC's hard drive). Then you can go into your drives and move things from your phone to your computer's files. You can move files individually or entire albums. you can move documents from Evernote, pictures from various galleries, etc. It's seriously extremely easy.

If your phone is still performing slow, you are probably using too much RAM memory at once. This happens when apps which you frequently use continue to run on RAM memory for quick-access. This will eat your battery and slow down your phone's performance. After you move items from your phone to your PC, I suggest downloading Advanced Task Killer from the Play Store (safe app). This will free up RAM storage by killing stubborn tasks which aren't being used, freeing up memory. Also, download Cleanmaster app from the Play Store. This app works very quickly and efficiently at killing residual files, RAM-hogging apps, etc. My phone runs like a well-oiled machine because of these tricks/apps. Give it a go. I bet you'll see a huge difference.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See my other reply to one of your other posts to learn the truth about RAM and how it really works on Android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.