Recent Operating system Upgrade
Rein997
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Motorola Driod Razr had it's operation system upgrade yesterday, 5/22, and now I'm missing some of my contacts. Tried to find them on My Verizon web-site, Backup Assistant. Nothing was there until I asked it to do a back up. So are these lost forever and I have to re-enter? I'm also not sure who I lost, I had 159 contacts now I only have 145 on my phone, but Backup Assistant says it backed up 159. What goes here?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Recent Operating system Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rein997!

Let's ensure you're contact list is fully intact. Are familiar with which specific contacts were lost? Did you have duplicate contacts in the contact list? In addition to backup assistant being used are using Google Contacts?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Recent Operating system Upgrade
Rein997
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to a Verizon Tech Support person, yesterday,  and he was able to restore my lost contacts from Backup Assistant online. I do not use Google contacts because my primary email account, on my phone or anytime, is not a Google email address.

I still have issues with some changes in the text messaging and some of the updated features. I don't think Google/Motorola did a very good job looking at all aspects and they seem to have missed some details. They should have Beta tested it with the Droid Razr M within Goolge/Motorola.

0 Likes