SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
Switchlord

I am having the same issue as many other RAZR M owners. The RAZR M pops an error message stating "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed". The SD card has not been touched, the RAZR M has in some cases not even been moved, it is random and has become more frequent. I had no trouble until 2 software updates back. I am currently running system version 98.18.94.XT907.Verizon.en.US with Android version 4.1.2. The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra 64 Ultra 64GB. The disk seems fine in a computer with the adapter. Please advise. Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Switchlord,

Help is here! We want your Razr M getting along with your SD card. Please try this:

1. Remove the SD card from the device and check for damage, dirt or debris on the card.

2. Connect the SD card to your PC using a SD card reader. First, remove the SD card from the Razr M. Then, use a SD card reader to connect the SD card to the computer. If the SD card is not detected, then we won't be able to access and backup the data on the SD card. If you are able to connect, locate teh card on the computer and backup the files from the SD card to the computer.

3. After you have everything on the card backed up, reformat the card using your computer. To format the card: locate it under My Computer. Right click on the card and select "Format."

4. If the SD card is formatted successfully, we'll want to restore the backed up data (pictures, etc) using the card reader. If you can't format it successfully, you may need a new SD card to transfer the information back.

5. Reinsert the SD card back on the Razr M.

Hope this helps!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bestof7

Mine did the same thing with the SD card for the same phone - days after an upgrade...is this a common issue after the latest upgrade?

0 Likes
Bestof7

You're not alone - mine did the same thing.

0 Likes
Switchlord

I have done this twice Elizabeth with no help. I have been to a Verizon store where the technician found while searching for this problem that there is a known issue with SD cards in RAZR phones. I was not able to get a copy of this as I was told it is "for internal Verizon use only". I still have the problem. As a side note I have the SD card in a desk top for 4 hours playing music files from it with no errors. I think the card is fine.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry Bestof7! We would love to assist. Have you attempted to complete the steps listed above? Are you still having issues with your SD Card? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
DeanE808

Unfortunately I've been having the same problem with my Razr M too. The  message are starting to become more frequent. I've done all the above  steps too and still have the message.

0 Likes
Switchlord

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1040645#1040645

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DeanE808

Thanks for reaching out to us. This sounds like a very upsetting issue. The issue may be with the SD card. Do you have another SD card to try? Did formating the SD card help?

I look forward to your reply and getting this addressed.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jeffrg

I am having the same problem and it is obvious to anyone who looks that it is an issue with the last update.  Verizon, when are you going to correct this?  Don't tell me to format the card.  i have done so with 3 different cards and I am seeing how many other people have done so too.  You know it's an issue, when will you fix it?

0 Likes