Screen Cracks on Razr Maxx issues
erikortega111

I purchased a Motorola Droid Razzr Maxx HD from Verizon January 12, 2013.

It had issues with it freezing and a tendency to run hot. 

I had a screen protector on my phone.

On March 26, 2013 I woke up and my phone did not want to turn on.  I charged but it never turned on.

I then noticed my phone appeared to be cracked but cracked from the inside. 

I took it to a rep.  and they agreed the screen was internally cracked and had no sign of physical damage.  They advised me to go through the warranty service Verizon provided. 

I did, trouble shot the phone, and sent my phone in. 

A month went by and now I am being billed $299.99 for the repair of the damaged phone. 

I spoke with << Full name removed to comply with >>  , Supervisor of Customer Service, Illinois.

My case manager Keith was unattentive and repeated one line cracked screen. 

Apparently any sign of a cracked will void your warranty.

I explained myself there was no physical damage and was well taken care of. 

My phone has a design flaw the 3300 Milli amp internal battery which is placed too close the the LCD screen.

I am a power user and from one night to the other my phone overheated, cracked the internal display, and led to the overall malfunction of my device.  Which should absolutely be covered by the manufacturers warranty, but no.

My case manager has one photo, one angle, (biased photo evidence) and will not pay attention to my case. 

Now upon research I have found The Maxx has overheating issues especially with protective cases.  I have now come to a conclusion not only will the Maxx overheat with a case but will overheat with a simple screen protector. 

This phone will overheat, destroy the LCD, and crack the internal display.

Now I am but a peon and have no power but that of my word so I advise power smartphone users to look somewhere else this phone is likely to destroy itself for no apparent reason. 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen Cracks on Razr Maxx issues
Owner232

Same crap happened to my phone, I noticed for the last few weeks the screen would turn green and jump to the side and come back one day i pulled it out of my pocket and the screen was green with a crack only of the left side of the phone now the screen doesn't even turn on it sucks because I just bought the phone and didn't have it for more than a month....Verizon should really consider doing something about this at least half off insurance claims or maybe some money off of your bill its not like it would cost them anything....

0 Likes
Re: Screen Cracks on Razr Maxx issues
BigLizard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Owner232 wrote:

Same crap happened to my phone, I noticed for the last few weeks the screen would turn green and jump to the side and come back one day i pulled it out of my pocket and the screen was green with a crack only of the left side of the phone now the screen doesn't even turn on it ***** because I just bought the phone and didn't have it for more than a month....Verizon should really consider doing something about this at least half off insurance claims or maybe some money off of your bill its not like it would cost them anything....

Firstly, Verizon Wireless doesn't actually provide the insurance.  Asurion does, which means there is a loss for Verizon Wireless to give you a credit, because Asurion still needs to be paid for the replacement.

Secondly, if you believe this to be a manufacturing defect, then perhaps you might want to contact the phone manufacturer, Motorola.  After all, there is a full 1 year manufacturer's warranty...  When Verizon handles a claim for warranty, and you return the phone to them, they still have to fix the physical damage before they can even send it to back to the manufacturer under the warranty policy.  Meanwhile, they've already sent you another phone...  Verizon doesn't make the phones, or get them at some ridiculously low price.  In fact, most of the time they are paying that full retail price for any new device... they only make money by selling you cellular service.  So do you feel that because they provide service to you, they should eat the cost of repairing the device to which you get the service??

This would be the same thing as asking the power company to replace your appliances when they are broken...

0 Likes