Several Issues with my Droid Razr M started all at once
sarahjean83
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a year of having no real problems with my Droid Razr M, I am having a TON of problems all of a sudden.

1.  The phone reboots randomly several times a day under all sorts of circumstances.

2.  When a Bluetooth headset is connected to the device, the call will suddenly switch to speaker mode, but still display that it is in bluetooth mode.  The bluetooth stays connected, and if I switch the phone to handset mode (the only one which displays as an option - bluetooth and speaker are both greyed out), then switch it back to bluetooth, it works again for a while.  This has happened with multiple headsets of different brands, so I know it is the device not the headset.

3.  Sometimes, when a bluetooth headset is connected, it stays connected but has no sound.  I can hear the caller when I switch to handset or speaker, but when I put it on bluetooth, I get nothing.  The caller can still hear me.  The only way to fix this (temporarily) is to power cycle the phone.

4.  The camera refuses to initialize.  I get an error message saying so.  This will continue until I power cycle the phone.

Things I have already tried:

I have uninstalled any recently added apps in case they were causing a problem.  There is nothing currently on my phone which wasn't there for months before the problems started.

I have cleared the phone's cache using the weird menus mentioned in other forums and using AVG's cleaner program.

I ran an anti-virus program on the phone and it found nothing.

I made sure that the phone's software is up to date.

I really don't want to try restoring my phone to factory settings and redoing everything, especially since I have seen posts from people having the same random reboot problem and formatting their phone didn't help.  I will try that if I have to, but I was hoping to find another option first.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Re: Several Issues with my Droid Razr M started all at once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear of all the difficulites you are experiencing with you device sarahean83! Allow us to get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. I appreciate all of the current troubleshooting steps you have already tried. Can you try http://vz.to/1gcMoLE then test device. If you are still experiencing difficulites, please try running your phone on safe mode. To learn how to run your phone on safe mode click, http://vz.to/18dZeGL

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
shadylite
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as you with items 2 and 3. I've even done a hard factory reset and it still does it. I'm at my wit's end with this as nothing seems to stop my bluetooth from switching to speaker randomly. It does seem to happen more when I get a notification. It's like the notification sound somehow kicks the phone over to the speaker even though it still says it's on bluetooth. And like you, the only way to get it back to bluetooth is to switch it to handset as speaker is greyed out, and then switch back to bluetooth. Very irritating and happening daily multiple times.

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Seems that everyone with a Razr is experiencing issues with that Verizon-pushed update. While I realize it is a slow sales season with the new phones coming out, folks are holding back -> but to take this route to gain sales? Immoral.

This isn't right, Verizon ain't right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi shadylite!

Let's explore options to get this Bluetooth issue resolved! Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts. I see that you even did a hard reset and the issue continue. Did this issue start immediately after hard reset or did it work fine for a few days? This issue sounds like a third party application conflict and if you did a hard reset, and phone worked fine for a few hours/days after reset and then issue started again, then the issue started when the conflicting application was reinstalled on your device. Please run in Safe Mode http://vz.to/18dZeGL to confirm a third party app conflict.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Next will be a factory reset. Then a period of IDKs. Then Motorola is working on an update to correct issues. Then 'quickest way to resolve your issue would be to upgrade your phone'. More gnashing of teeth.

They wear you down with repetitive feel-good motions which don't do anything at all. You'll either A. Give up and upgrade or B. Go to another carrier. Either way, Verizon seems to be pretty cool about it.

Me-> 41.5 hours waiting on a Verizon supervisor callback.

0 Likes
apuszkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues as well.  My phone will also randomly heat up (just sitting on the counter -- not actually being used), which then drains the battery.  

kiawah75

I am having the exact same problem as Shadylite, Shadylite does working in Safemode work?

0 Likes
sarahjean83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Being in Safe Mode did not fix my Bluetooth issues.  They have occurred with the same frequency as in regular mode.  My phone has not randomly power-cycled itself during the day-and-a-half I have had it in safe mode, but since it would sometimes go a few days in regular mode without power cycling, I am not 100% convinced that that problem has been eliminated in safe mode either.  I am going to give it another day or two to see.

0 Likes
drivingon9

Same here with problem #2.. Super annoying. This is from a fresh factory reset (no 3rd party apps).

0 Likes