Shooting a video works sometimes, but sometimes it shuts off after one second without recording any video
jbsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have had the Turbo Droid for only 3 days and just tried to shoot video. Twice it worked, but more often it seems to begin recording, but shuts off after one second without recording anything.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong to cause this to happen.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Shooting a video works sometimes, but sometimes it shuts off after one second without recording any video
jbsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate so much you who replied. We took the Droid Trubos into the local Verizon store. The first thing they tried was doing a forced close on the Motorola Camera app. That seemed to work, but as we were asking about other issues related to our new Turbos, the camera video stopped working again.

Then one of the Verizon reps uninstalled the latest update to the camera, saying these updates are often issued to fix one problem, but then break another.

That did, in fact, work. This morning, the video was still working.

HOWEVER, just as an experiment, I reinstalled the camera update. And the video part of the camera is still working perfectly.

So, while I'm not absolutely certain what the issue was, I'm guessing we got a bad update a few days ago that has since been fixed.

Thanks again for taking time to reply, folks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Shooting a video works sometimes, but sometimes it shuts off after one second without recording any video
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbsc,

Help has arrived! Do you get any error messages on the device when this occurs? Does this also occurs when taking photos on the device?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, EfrainM_VZW.

Haven't seen any error messages. Occasionallly, but only rarely, the video will record 1-2 frames, but most of the time it just shuts down. I have tried it with and without the rubber-grip case; taking off the case had no effect. The video still would not function.

When you tap the video camera icon, it tries to shoot video and seems to begin to record, but one (or two) second(s) later, it beeps and stops. Rarely with a frame or so of video; mostly nothing is recorded.

The still camera works great! Love being able to touch it anywhere to grab a snap.

BTW, my partner and I got identical phones at the same time last week. His video has the exact same problems as my phone.

Another point: I downloaded the Google Camera and can shoot video just fine through that camera. But not through the stock Motorola camera that came with the Droid Turbos.

I'm starting to think we got phones from a defective batch.

What do you think?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you both have Google Now voice samples saved? Try removing that. There's seems to be a bug with that and camera taking videos.

0 Likes
jbsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits, I have been playing around with using "Ok, Google" through Google Now and with the Moto version that came with the Droid Turbos. My partner has not done this.

Neither of our phones can record video using the Motorola camera that came installed on the phones (though the still camera works great on both phones).

Thx.

0 Likes
jbsc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate so much you who replied. We took the Droid Trubos into the local Verizon store. The first thing they tried was doing a forced close on the Motorola Camera app. That seemed to work, but as we were asking about other issues related to our new Turbos, the camera video stopped working again.

Then one of the Verizon reps uninstalled the latest update to the camera, saying these updates are often issued to fix one problem, but then break another.

That did, in fact, work. This morning, the video was still working.

HOWEVER, just as an experiment, I reinstalled the camera update. And the video part of the camera is still working perfectly.

So, while I'm not absolutely certain what the issue was, I'm guessing we got a bad update a few days ago that has since been fixed.

Thanks again for taking time to reply, folks.

0 Likes