System update
LJW777

My Droid Turbo downloaded the new Android System update last night and I installed it this morning. Now I have an Android icon with the text "no command" showing up on my screen and the phone continues to try to turn on, the Motorola screen comes up and it vibrates, but then goes back to the Android icon with "no command" underneath.

I have tried plugging it into my computer to try to launch the System Update software as suggested. Nothing happens.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: System update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, LJW777. Let's get this issue resolved. Have you been able to perform a soft reset on the device? Do you receive an error message when you plug the device into the computer?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are there to make your device run faster and with fewer complications. You said that you attempted to run a repair program using your computer. Just to clarify, was it from this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116950/ ? Please note that this update has issues on USB 3 ports and may need to be used on a USB 2 port.

If this does not work, you may need to power off your Droid Turbo, you may want to take out your SD Card as this has caused issues with loading the update. Once it is off, hold the Volume Down button, press and release the Power button. A menu should pop up and you will see Recovery Mode, press the Power button to select. Please note to make sure your device is at 80% or more and no cables are connected. Press the Power button once and a menu should appear. Use your Volume Down button to navigate to "Apply update from sdcard" and select it by pressing the Volume Up button. You will be in a new menu and use the Volume Down button to select "updater" and select again with the Volume Up button, now select "fp_update_OTA[ the latest update version].zip". Your device should now be running the new update installation. Select "Reboot system now" after it is complete.

Please reach out to us through Facebook at: www.facebook.com/verizon or on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/vzwsupport and we will continue to work with you.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

If this does not work, you may need to power off your Droid Turbo, you may want to take out your SD Card as this has caused issues with loading the update.

The Droid Turbo doesn't support an SD card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tikibar1 Thank you for catching the incorrect information. If the software Repair steps do not fix the issue, the device may need to be replaced under warranty.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LALOBATRISH

I have installed the system update, and now my notifications are ugly and too small to read.  Is there any way I can go back to the way notifications appeared before the update? PLEASE!!!!

Also, It won't stop prompting me to sign in to every nearby network, which is very intrusive.

I never had to turn the W-Fi off in order to avoid these constant interruptions before.  It is important to me to be automatically connected to verified networks in my familiar places (otherwise I tend to accidentally run out of Data).

Help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaloBatrish, system updates are supposed to enhanced your device. I'm sorry that you are experiencing unwelcomed changes after the update. That would be frustrating if your device constantly asks you to sign into every network. The setting to notify you when Wi-Fi is available can be turned off. Here's how: settings>Wi-Fi>tap 3 dot icon above Wi-Fi switch>select "advanced">turn off "Wi-Fi notification" and "show Wi-Fi pop-up"

Regarding, the change in notifications, you are able to go to settings, then display and change the font size to a larger setting.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes