Text Messages not clearing
WENDELL325

I have a Droid Turbo 2 and my phone upgraded the other day. After the upgrade my text messaging icon was missing. I found this other icon in the apps that was blue with white on it. The white looks like a piece of paper or something, anyway ever since the upgrade now when I read messages they still show as not read and that I have now several messages that are unread but they have all been read. This is starting to get really annoying!! Is there a fix for this????

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages not clearing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's probably the Android Messages application from Google. Motorola likely replaced the Motorola or Google written older style text message application and replaced it with Google's preferred text messaging application for the Nougat OS. You should check if you have the newest version of application and disable the Verizon Messages+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages not clearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WENDELL325, let’s get those alerts to go away after you’ve read your texts. Ann154 is right, that’s Android Messages (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en ) Looking at the most recent reviews, I recommend trying something for me please. On the Turbo 2, in Play Store, locate Android Messages. On that screen tap uninstall. This will only uninstall the last app update. Hold off on reinstalling it. Do the notifications go away after you’ve read the texts?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes