Texts "sent"..or not
Tzar

On my Droid RAZR, every time I send a text, I get an arrow which I assume means sending. Sometimes, I get a nice little message that says the text was sent, and the time. Other times I get a red X and a "message not sent" error. But about 80% -90% of the time, I get the annoying arrow, and I have no idea if my message went through or not. Sometimes, days later, I still have an arrow. If I send a text and it's actually important, I have to ask the person if they got it, then wonder if they got that text too, although usually sending a second text causes the first one to resolve and give me a time it was sent.

My girlfriend has the same issue on her Droid RAZR MAXX, although not nearly as frequently as I do.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texts "sent"..or not
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Tzar! My wife has the same model device as you do, so I've seen how her device will demonstrate message status in the icons. The status of sent messages varies, depending on the location and service provider of the person you're sending to. You may notice that some messages show delivery confirmation. That can only happen if confirmation is provided by the recipient's device. So if you send a message to someone outside of our network that doesn't offer delivery confirmation, we won't be able to post that confirmation to your device. I have a Samsung, and have noticed the same with mine. So it's not something exclusive to the Motorola devices that you and your girlfriend have. I hope that helps!

Dion_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tzar

Actually this seems to happen even when my GF and I are sending messages between each other. We both have Verizon, and essentially the same phone. Based on what you have said, I am going to assume that the tower in our area is only occasionally providing the confirmation message.

Is there any way to let someone in Verizon who might know how to get it repaired know about the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details Tzar!

We can definitely file a resolution ticket to our network team after all troubleshooting steps have been completed. Let's make sure we're on the best path to fix this!

Do you have a personalized signature? If so, please remove it. Here are the steps: http://vz.to/151GGB7

Are you connected to Wifi when you notice this delay? Depending on the size of the message it may convert to data and try to go over the Wifi/Data connection instead.

Please keep me posted on the above steps.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tzar

Thank you for the additional information. I do not have a signature but I do frequently have WiFi connected (whenever I am home). It actually seems to happen more often when I am sending short messages than long ones. But I will try turning off WiFi when I am texting to see if that helps. Thank you

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Also if you haven't done a System Cache Clear try one and see if it Helps sending those Text Here's how to perform a S.C.C

With the phone ON Just tap the Power button to blacken the Display  (  Don't Shut the Phone off )  Follow these Instructions

1. Press and hold the "Volume Up  &  Down at the same time" While doing  that  press the Power button. till the screen comes back on When that does that let off the Power button  ONLY   Wait till you see a White screen   Follow to Step 2.
  2. When presented with the White Boot Mode Selection Menu release the Volume buttons.
  3. Press "Volume Down" to scroll down to  Recovery  then immediately press Volume Up.        Step 4 will Follow
  4. From the Red triangle in  Little Droid on the screen,  press and hold Volume Down. for 10 sec. While doing that press for a Second the Up  " Volume "
  5. The Next screen You will have 5 choices  Select  Clear the Cache Partition  it's the 5th choice.. then press the Power button.
  6. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

And that should be it..If you have any more issues Just give me a Shout. Smiley Happy b33 

0 Likes
Tzar

Thank you B33, I just tried that out, the issue is sporadic so I won't know for a couple of days whether it worked or not, but I appreciate the effort and the detailed instructions.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome and No Problem.. let me Know how you phone is doing in a Couple days usually a S.C.C. is all that is needed Smiley Happy b

0 Likes