The KitKat upgrade has been a disaster. home wireless is no longer recognized, even going through the set-up process. It does not connect to the car through Bluetooth seamlessly--I have to add my phone as a new device each time I get in the car. In atte
pmb1

My home wireless is no longer recognized, even going through the set-up process.  It does not connect to the car through Bluetooth seamlessly--I have to add my phone as a new device each time I get in the car.  In attempting to solve these problems I have gone to settings-phone-upgrade and it states that the upgrade is available-select to continue-(which I do)- it checks -please wait and it then states that update not available - try later.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The KitKat upgrade has been a disaster. home wireless is no longer recognized, even going through the set-up process. It does not connect to the car through Bluetooth seamlessly--I have to add my phone as a new device each time I get in the car. In
stef7
Master - Level 2

Maybe not too late to help you.

For specifically fixing the Bluetooth, un-pair your phone with the car, and go through the process of repairing the two.

In general, the KK update requires many of us (different phones) to perform a Factory Data Reset after we back up our personal content (pictures, music, movies, or other downloaded files) to a PC or MAC. This will result in you having to do a bit of work to setup icons for the programs you use, and maybe putting in the specifics again for email accounts and other specialized apps. So if you are going to do this sort of thing... copy important information/settings down on paper.

HTH.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The KitKat upgrade has been a disaster. home wireless is no longer recognized, even going through the set-up process. It does not connect to the car through Bluetooth seamlessly--I have to add my phone as a new device each time I get in the car. In
stef7
Master - Level 2

Maybe not too late to help you.

For specifically fixing the Bluetooth, un-pair your phone with the car, and go through the process of repairing the two.

In general, the KK update requires many of us (different phones) to perform a Factory Data Reset after we back up our personal content (pictures, music, movies, or other downloaded files) to a PC or MAC. This will result in you having to do a bit of work to setup icons for the programs you use, and maybe putting in the specifics again for email accounts and other specialized apps. So if you are going to do this sort of thing... copy important information/settings down on paper.

HTH.

0 Likes