Touch screen issues.
JRMXRAYTECK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got my Moto Z a few days ago. When using the touch screen to type, the typing eventually slows to a crawl and locks up where I can no longer type. I have to lock the phone, and then go back in(unlock), the typing can resume normally. This has also happened when using the key pad for the phone. I've done numerous cycle on and offs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Touch screen issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRMXRAYTECK, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Moto Z that you just got. Let's get your phone working like it should. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? What application are you using when this happens? I know that you said that this also happens on the phone key pad, is this just after dialing one phone number?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JRMXRAYTECK
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no screen protector on the phone.

The touch screen typing is affected in almost any application where I have

to type. Even replying here(phone via Gmail)is difficult.

It almost acts wildly. Pressing a G, might give you a F. Then sometimes it

simply locks up.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 7:00 PM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. Do you have any issues with the touch screen while using any other applications? Have you tried using your device in Safe Mode? Does it happen when you try this option? We want to make sure we provide you with all the information you need. What model Moto Z you have?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!