Trouble connecting to wifi
irishbells
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having trouble connecting to WiFi. When I choose a network to connect to it will try for a second and then not connect. Sometimes it will connect to a network with a really weak signal instead of the strong signal available at the location I'm at. I have restarted the phone, retyped the network password, don't have Bluetooth on, tried turning off daydream, not installed any new apps. I tried suggestions I've seen listed here, but nothing has worked.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble connecting to wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Irishbells,

Thanks for reaching out today. We'd love to assist in making sure you get reconnected with your Wi-Fi today.

How long exactly has this been occurring for? Are all of your current applications and software up to date?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
irishbells
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been going on for two weeks now. Today I was able to connect at the hospital, where I spend a lot of time, but I am unable to connect at home on my own network. It's been the other way around until today.

0 Likes
Rich7877ard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until 2 days ago I had the Maxx, since it came out 2 years ago. Around Dec of last year the camera stopped working (at all), then around the same time but prob the beginning of Jan the wifi stopped working (wouldn't even allow me to move the selector switch to "on"), then maybe a mth later the Bluetooth stopped working (wouldn't allow me turn it on), I tried multiple times to speak with support ab the issues, with no help to fix them. Finally, in August (maybe beginning of Sep) I spoke with someone via the chat support. They told me they were "all to aware of the issue and there wasn't a solution other that to wait for the next push update". Finally received the push oddly that same month and still nothing. I just waited out my upgrade and got another phone. Bummer bc I had the phone for not quite a year and it was awesome, and then it was out of warranty after that so out of awesomeness it went. Good luck.

0 Likes
irishbells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I wasn't finding a solution that worked no matter how much I searched here or online. It's been a great phone other than the random restarting. Hopefully, this one will last until we're ready to switch it out. We won't be using Verizon again. After a couple decades of being a loyal customer, they offer no loyalty discounts or any perks for that matter, and they have never once gone above and beyond when there's been a problem. The most they've ever done is sent a refurbished phone that I have to set up and then reload every freaking app and lose the data I had in the apps on my last phone. I miss when they use to take care of all of that in the store. We will be moving on after this. I hope you have better luck.

Rich7877ard
Enthusiast - Level 1

No problem, I appreciate the well wishes. I figured I'd at least put another experience in here since it seems more than a few were having similar issues.

I found it extremely odd when I seen you state that your phone connected at the hospital. About a month or two ago I downloaded an app called swift wifi (..I believe..), you actually have to google it and download it separate from the Google play store. Once I downloaded that and was running it an 2 weeks<keeping in mind the phone had been restarted, normally, several times within the time span between tht apps download date and the following> I had to take my Uncle to the hospital for an outpatient procedure and stayed there about 3 hours for recovery. Oddly enough, the phone connected to the hospitals wifi with ease!!! On its own!! and I had the best connection it's seen in a while!

I finally had my fill and I started snooping around the files (the phone is not now nor has it been hacked or cracked or whatever you call it.. So I was not changing or altering, just browsing)  and I remember from some of the forums I had read that the "wifi supplicant file was missing altogether or corrupted caused by the last push update. Also that the previous push update files were corrupted throughout the file system (remember that I am not a tech wiz, but I can get myself around decently.) What I'm saying there is that pre-update the phone was a model 8960 and then post- update the phone read that it was a model 9220 (not correct #s given, just an example.) I looked up that model number and it was a totally different phone, it was a Motorola and a droid, but not the same model; so as expected it contained different hardware/ software options and software upgrades... and also as I would expect there would've been multiple compatibility issues from the wrong system being loaded.. I said well no wonder it doesn't work! In better terms, it's like having a dell laptop running an i8 processor and someone installing a MacBook update to it. I'm lucky the thing was able to figure itself out enough to even cut on.

Point being, if I can find the issue and I don't know much about programming or whatever else goes into these handsets, surely they should have been able to find it. Then compensate us with at least a little bit of something. Like yourself we have been with Verizon a number of years (13-14yrs) with now 4 lines and at one time had the miFi services. I calculated up the $ paid, just for referencing purposes here, and we've paid well over $20k in only 10 of those years!!! Not counting the additional products, accessories or phones purchased.. Thanks again

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

irishbells,

Reading this post of yours is sad. We truly never want any of our customers to feel that they aren’t appreciated or valued. Let’s turn your feelings around. Understandably, having a phone with issues is not fun at all. Since our last correspondence, have you had better luck with connecting to wifi? What make & model phone do you have? I would like to gather some important information, so I’m going to send you a Private Message. Please respond back to me only in the Private Message for further help. I look forward to working with you.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
irishbells
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the droid maxx. Where do I find this private message? Not too familiar with how to find my way around here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! You will see the red notification for the message next to your name on the navigation bar near the top of the page.

CarleyR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes