Turbo charging won't work on Moto Force Z
GIRLSTRAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently my Moto Force Z stopped turbo charging. Now it only charges at an extremely slow rate (about 8 hours to charge from 15 to 100%). I'm using only the original charger and charging block. The phone is only a few months old. I've tried rebooting. Using it until 0%.

Is there anything else to try? The turbo charging was a big sell point for me.

Labels (1)
Re: Turbo charging won't work on Moto Force Z
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GIRLSTRAT, the turbo charging option would entice me as well. Sorry to learn that you are having these troubles. Is there any physical/liquid damage to the phone? When this started, were there any changes to the device like new software or apps added?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GIRLSTRAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

No damage what so ever.

I know there was an Android update recently but I think this happened after.

Other than that nothing new

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GIRLSTRAT, we appreciate these details. Have you checked the charging port for any loose debris?

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you took an update OTA, I guess I would try a System Cache Wipe (not an App Cache Clear). Google how to do this on your device.

If that didn't work, I suppose I might suspect the charger / cable, and acquire another from Amazon. Do you have a high-current cigarette lighter adapter for the car? You could see if it charges quickly in the car.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I can see by another thread on the Droid turbo, many people experiencing the same problem, even after getting multiple replacements. I would contact the manufacturer. They're probably aware of the issue.

Moosemangeorge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you find out any way to cure not turbo charging?

0 Likes
GIRLSTRAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears to have been the charger. Apparently the 30w ones have been going bad.

It's a $30 replacement.

0 Likes
Moosemangeorge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not covered with insurance?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you were able to figure out the solution to what was causing your phone not to charge Girlstrat. The charger is covered under a 1-year manufacturer warranty. Were you able to get it replaced?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes