Turbo constantly reboots and can't switch between Wifi and 4G
jdklove18

So I'm currently on my 4th Turbo since May due to numerous issues.  Since I did the push update from verizion in August my phone reboots 8-10 times a day. Sometime during calls, sometimes when I just turn the screen on, sometimes when I open an app or the preinstalled chrome browser.  I have run in safe mode, cleared the cache, and finally went and did the factory reset.  None of these solved the issue.  I have been to the verizion store to speak with a representative and they tell me that there is no record of this issue and that there is nothing that they can do to help me.

In addition, my phone doesn't connect to wifi without me going in and forcing the connection. Then when I leave the wifi area the phone doesn't connect to my 4G service unless I go in and put it into airplane mode then turn airplane mode back off.  This is super frustrating. And as do just this week, the phone will randomly just stop having voice/text service.  People will tell me they tried called for over an hour, but my phone never rings or it drops in the middle of a call and has to be rebooted to be able to use the voice service.  Additionally, I am intermittently unable to send text messages unless I reboot the phone.

I find it hard to believe that with as many people who report similar issues the that representatives in the store can't find these problems reported anywhere. The only solution I was offered was to buy a new phone at full price.  I have been a customer of verizion for almost 18 years and that's all they can offer me. To spend more money on their products. I feel like if I have gone through 4 different handsets of the same phone that verizion would be able to help me get a phone that actually works. 

Verizion, can you help me get a new phone that actually works.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo constantly reboots and can't switch between Wifi and 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdklove18,
Your phone should never challenge you like this, and we thank you for your years of loyalty, jdklove18. Additionally, I would never want you to pay full retail to resolve a concern that can more than likely be resolved with troubleshooting. I’d rather see you spend your money how you want. Now let’s get to work.
I’m apologizing ahead of time, as I personally don’t like to repeat steps already taken. Understanding that you have already placed your device into Safe Mode, I ask that you please do this one more time. Try to leave the device in Safe Mode as long as possible. While in Safe Mode, does your device still give you these same concerns?
Also what patterns have you noticed? Is this only specific contacts that are trying to reach you or all contacts? Is it only while in a specific location/network? What errors appear on the device?
Here are the steps to place your Turbo into Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1WTS0jW.
Kindly keep me in the loop.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdklove18

Hello,

I did as you asked, and out the phone in safe mode again. It lasted about 45 minutes before the phone rebooted on its own and had to "optimize" all of my apps before restarting. I only made 1 phone call during that time and it worked fine.

Since doing this, my phone still restarted during calls. It was various contacts, in various locations, and at all different times of day. No patterns at all that I can report. The phone still restarts 6-10 times a day, all on its own. I'm incredibly frustrated. I really wish I could get a new phone, but having to pay over $600 to replace a phone that I only got in August is just ridiculous.

how can you help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jdklove18

I really appreciate you trying the Safe Mode step again and keeping us posted with your results!  However, I am not clear as to when the device rebooting restarted.  Did the device reboot while it was in “Safe Mode”?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdklove18

I Put the phone into safe mode. About 45 minutes later, while I did absolutely nothing to the phone it rebooted and went through the 20 minutes of optimizing apps, as when it rebooted it did a normal restart. The phone was just sitting on my end table. I wasn't using any apps or making any phone calls when the reboot happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking these steps to troubleshoot. When factory reset previously was completed did the device restart without any apps being reinstalled?
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!I

0 Likes
jdklove18

Yes, after the factory reset the phone still rebooted before installing any apps at all.

And now, once again, the phone is not switching between 4G and known/saved wifi networks.  I have used almost all of my data for the month because of this.  I was at work for over an hour this morning and the phone had still not connected to the wifi.  When I went to wifi settings, my work network was saved and when i selected it the phone finally tried to connect to the wifi. 

Because of being so close to the data limit on my plan I have now had to shut mobile data off on my phone to avoid being charged for going over my limit.  So for the next 10 days I can't use internet on my phone unless I am somewhere there is wifi.  This is COMPLETELY ridiculous.  All I want is a phone that works as it should.  This is my 4th version of the Turbo and I've had some of the same problems on all of them.  I think it's time for a different model instead of giving me another turbo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdklove18 We appreciate your patience in this process. Having gone through the Factory Reset and it still being affected, we now need to get into your account for options. You can either reach out to us via http://vz.to/1FnHERc or we can Private Message you here to then have you respond with your contact information. We want to respect your privacy, so please do not post your information on this Public Forum.
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes