Unfortunately email has stopped
nshick

I keep getting an error that says "Unfortunately email has stopped"  Sometimes I am not even in my email.  I have 3 email accounts set up.  One is corporate work email, a gmail, and a time warner cable email account.  No I am having problems getting the email to even open.  I have a notification on the top of the screen but I cannot open it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unfortunately email has stopped
apple_fruit

Same here. I've had a Droid Razr Maxx for a year. No recent op system updates. No new apps downloaded recently. About a week ago, phone began displaying same message "Unfortunately email has stopped" every few minutes. I have 2 gmail accounts, a corporate account, and a godaddy email account. If the email app is open (either corporate or goddaddy inbox) and the message pops up, the email app closes automatically. I think this glitch is also the reason my phone has sucked down 1.5 gb in the past 5 days because if I open settings, select data usage, then select email, the email foreground app has used 40 mb in past 7 days, but the background has used 1.63 gb. I'm almost always on wifi and have never come close to using even half a gb until now. Has something hijacked my phone? Is the email app resetting and resynching multiple times in an hour? Is this a software issue? Is this a com.motorola.motoemail issue? I've always had email accounts set to sync every 15 minutes and download attachments over wifi. Haven't changed settings in months. I just realized my battery has also been draining much more than usual. In the past, my screen used the most significant amount of battery, but now my phone says the email is using more than the screen. I am now at a loss as far as troubleshooting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get this resolved. If you haven't already, I recommend deleting your email account from the device and readding it. If you're still experiencing difficulties after this please perform a hard reset http://tinyurl.com/8ke883c Keep us posted on the results.

Daisy_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
apple_fruit

Hey Daisy. Thanks for the suggestions. To follow-up:

I deleted the godaddy email account shortly after posting the message, and everything was ok for a day or two. Then a different app started using large amounts of background data, so I removed it. Then a third app did the same thing. Always background data usage. So I removed the third app. Everything has returned to normal. I even added my godaddy email account back to the phone and it has been normal on data usage for the past few days. I have not seen the "unfortunately email has stopped" message again.  Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever hijacked my apps (if that's what happened) has finally disappeared. Or maybe it was email account problems.

Just an fyi (i'm not anti-avast) - I have avast mobile security installed on my phone and it never reported anything unusual or a security threat throughout experience.

0 Likes