Unfortunately [everything] has stopped working
meme57

Razr Maxx HD working perfectly until about 2:30 this morning. Starts off with "Unfortunately Weather has stopped working" then goes crazy with everything (Cloud, Calendar, Clock, Google Play Store Sync Service, process.... and so on) popping up. I have rebooted multiple times, gone into recovery mode and wiped the cache partition multiple times; was able to clear cache and data and force stop Weather once, but it came back along with all the others. I need to get my husband's phone working again, do I need to take it into a store (and then have them tell me he needs a new phone), or is there a fix? No new apps have been downloaded, he has minimal apps on the phone and it wants to update Slacker and Verizon Cloud. I don't want to do a factory reset, because I cannot download his photos and contacts and I don't want them lost.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unfortunately [everything] has stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meme57,

That definitely sounds liken inconvenience and we certainly want to help. We appreciate all the steps you have taken so far and they were indeed good steps to take. While we understand a factory reset can be intimidating it may be necessary because you have taken a lot of good steps already. The good news is that you can easily back up your data to your My Verizon account with Verizon Cloud. Take a look here to get started https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Unfortunately [everything] has stopped working
meme57

Unfortunately, backup was not possible on either Cloud or My Verizon or Backup Assistant Plus, because the popups were constant and would not allow me to do anything other than shut the phone down. Consequently, I switched the service to an old phone (LG Cosmos 2) for under 24 hours, took advantage of a free upgrade to 25G Verizon Cloud on both this phone service and mine ($2.99 per month each, now free). Then I did a factory reset on the Razr Maxx HD. I have reloaded most of the apps but was unable to recover or reload contacts or photos, and I switched the service back to the Razr last night and so far all is well. However, I noticed when I switched the service back, that I will now be charged for the 25G Cloud storage on both phones - what's up with that?!?!

0 Likes