Update to Android 9 Pie not appearing on my Moto z2 Force Droid
capster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the Verizon Wireless Moto z2 Force Android Pie update release announcement:

https://wwhttps://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-moto-z2-force-edition-update/w.verizonwir...

The update hasn't appeared on my phone. And, I can't force the update by going to settings\system update\check for update as the link above suggests. When I do this I get this screen:

Screenshot_20190727-041320.png

How do I get the update to appear?

Labels (1)
Re: Update to Android 9 Pie not appearing on my Moto z2 Force Droid
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update was released yesterday (7/26/19) and isn't released to all devices at the same time.  Since it's done on a rolling roll-out, it may be several days before your phone receives the update.

0 Likes
Motobk

Verizon Wireless has removed the Pie update page. It no longer appears.

0 Likes
lherrou
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we use the software update tool (phone connected to computer), shouldn't we get the update no matter what?

0 Likes
legasus233
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, i just noticed this as well.  Guessing we won't get Pie afterall 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motobk, we know that our customers love new technology. At this time, the 9.0 operating system is not available for the Moto z2 Force. For any new updates, please go to the Settings, System Updates, Check for system update. LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
legasus233
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hit my check for system update button a few minutes ago and look what popped up...!Screenshot_20190731-134144.png

lherrou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the OTA update notification as well! Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes