Upgrades gone.. so am I when contract over.
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

After nearly 16 years, I am most likely going to another provider once my upgrade ends in about 400 days.  I am very disappointed in Verizon W.  First of all is the [Removed] $30 upgrade fee.  Sorry but you should not be charging us this, regardless of your false claims that it is for "better network" or "better services".  Quite frankly, that is what I am already paying you my monthly fee for!  I do not buy the [Removed] that buying a phone, on monthly fees, is cheaper than the previous system of bundling it with the phone rate.  To me, you are merely now DOUBLE BILLING and merely figured out how to get more money out of your subscribers!

Verizon Wireless has been [Removed] the Citizens of the US, and I will be writing my state regulators/legislators, the FCC, FTC, and my Congressman/Senator to get your wireless spectrum recalled back to the American People!  The outrageous prices of cellular services today is just that... OUTRAGEOUS!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrades gone.. so am I when contract over.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you truly done the math on the two year ownership costs of the phone for both the two year contract price option and the Device Payment Plan option? The cost is less over the two years for the DPP then the contract price. The increased line access fee for contract tips the contract price higher.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also good luck with the next carrier. They all require the customer to purchase a new phone at the full retail price or over 24 months or so now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

I am going to go prepay.  Screw these contracts and $110+ plans!  VZW is screwing themselves and they don't even care!  And yes, I have done the math!  The "share my wallet" plans are outrageous!  Doing away with 2 year agreements are even more so because now I have to pay $700 ON TOP OF THE PLAN that I used to get for A LOT CHEAPER!  This is merely another way of THEM DOUBLING their "income" off of their users!  There is ZERO reason to pay more than $70/month on ANY telephone service!  Merely because they are "wireless", somehow they think they can get away with it!  It is utter [Removed]!  And yes, I am MAD AS [Removed] at VZW!  If EVERYONE stopped paying them, they would not be trying to sell a "$200" plan.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jacobweber2000 wrote:

There is ZERO reason to pay more than $70/month on ANY telephone service! Merely because they are "wireless", somehow they think they can get away with it! It is utter [Removed]! And yes, I am MAD AS [Removed] at VZW! If EVERYONE stopped paying them, they would not be trying to sell a "$200" plan.

I am quite happy with my plan of 15 GB/month shared among 5 lines for $167/month TOTAL.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel this way. jacobweber2000 we don't want to lose you. So that we can make sure you are on the best plan and getting the best value, I am sending you a Private Message.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes