Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,295 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Verizon Security & Privacy App
Mark2018vw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having trouble with their Motorola Moto Z3 freezing up on the Motorola logo with "Powered by Android" at the bottom after restarting their phone?  It stops saying "Hello Moto" when booting up also.  I've had it freeze on me several times.  Each time it froze, I had to do a factory reset to get control of the phone again.  I even took my new Moto Z3 back to the store and got a replacement in case the first phone was a lemon.

After lots of troubleshooting, I think I have it pinpointed to the Verizon Security & Privacy App as the culprit.  Each time it was updated through Google Play, the next time I turned off the phone, it would freeze (brick) when I turned it back on.  I finally had to go into Settings > Apps & Notifications > See All Apps, then find the "Security & Privacy" app and disabled it.

My problem may have been caused by a "restore" from my old Motorola phone to the new one.  The version of the "Security & Privacy" app was 5.0.44 when I disabled it before the updated version...

So far, so good.  24 hours without a factory reset...  If it turns out this app wasn't my problem, I'll repost here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Security & Privacy App
Mark2018vw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't had any issues since disabling the Verizon Security & Privacy App.  Glad to hear I wasn't the only one, syggah.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mark2018vw,

We know how important it is to have your phone working properly. We are happy to hear that you have not had the issue within 24-hours. Please let us know if the issue does continue, so that we can look into this further. Thank you for your post. 

0 Likes
syggah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. Verizon store replaced my phone with a brand new Z3 last Friday 10-26-2018 and 3 days later this Monday 10-29-2018 it did the same thing again. Verizon store agent helped me reset to factory default this last Monday 10-29-2018 and it has not happened again yet. Both times it happend the Verizon Security and Privacy app had just updated and started showing a notification that Verizon Security and Privacy was an app using the battery. Tonight the Verizon Security and Privacy app did the same update again and started showing the same notification about Verizon Security and Privacy was an app using the battery. I unistalled the update and restarted the phone with no problem so I am almost 100% positive that this latest update to the Verizon Security and Privacy app is the root cause of the problem.

syggah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe that this is happening to more than one Z3 now that I have seen this post and I am almost positive that Verizon Security and Privacy is the application that is causing the problem.

0 Likes
Mark2018vw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't had any issues since disabling the Verizon Security & Privacy App.  Glad to hear I wasn't the only one, syggah.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

syggah,

Thank you for posting these details about what happened with your Z3 device. I'm happy to hear you were able to discover the root cause of the problem and now everything is working properly on your phone. I will forward the specifics of this matter to the proper team for review. Do you have any additional questions or concerns I can help you with?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes