Volumes down on it's own
TokyoJoe

Long time reader, first time poster...

Smartactions are all disabled, but when I enable a rule that changes the volume it either doesn't work or smartactions crashes. Also, when I press the power button to turn off screen and lock, the screen turns off and then back on, but it has also set phone to vibrate. Finally, if I unlock the phone, turn the volumes up, and leave it alone, it will not turn off the display and lock as usual anymore and now it just sets phone to vibrate and doesn't turn off the screen.

Anyone else have this problem?

Motorola and Verizon say soft reset, if that doesn't work then wipe the cache partition, and if that doesn't work hard reset.

Other threads have similar symptoms but they say it's the speaker losing contact and you have to rub it.

I've tried all that except the hard reset, and I know there has to be a better way to get my phone to stop turning all the volumes down on it's own!

Please advise!

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Volumes down on it's own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts, TokyoJoe. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced. The three steps that the previous representative offered, are the best three options for resolving this issue. There's no setting that can be changed or adjusted to remedy this volume problem. Given that the first two options didn't work, I would suggest moving to the master reset. Give it a try and let me know if it helps...http://tinyurl.com/8ke883c

ChaunceyM_VZW

Folllow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes