Vzw won't help northern will moto
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

It seams as though vzw and moto doesn't care about there consumers, after lolli. Update ive not been able to use any screen casting with chromecast (walmart) or with belkin miracast adapter (from vzw) or netgear push2tv (amazon) on my 64g droid turbo.

Up untill the lolli update i used my casting daily just fine with only small normal issues having to do with the technology itself.

Then i updated to lolli and had major issues with my battery life casting anything frezzing opening apps i didn't open plenty of issue. Then i fdr (factory data rest) and ccp (clear cache partition) both of which were done correctly, i have been told by vzw and moto i did it right

Fixxed battery issues and some gliching issues but now the screen cast which i use almost all day every day doesn't work

Furthermore why on earth would they put out an update that requires me to fdr that's extremely stupid i have to lose all my data to update. Yes cloud services and gdrive all that is fine but the fact is i shouldn't have to erase my phone ever unless i want to.

now after the update fdr and ccp my screen casting essentially freezes the screen when i connect to any casting device weither it be the netgear push2tv belkin or chromecast all do the same thing. Yet moto and verizon refuse to replace the device (in store), they insist they cany repush the loli update to my handset to actually see if something was just currupted, i do susspect something was currupted in the ota update, but they wont repush the update

i refuse to ship anything to vzw after this last major shipping issue and harassment happened. Shipped back a new phone was harassed because vzw used the same tracking number on every phone that was shipped back to them and they kept messaging my account eventually put 600 on our bill and so we fought and didn't pay i have proof they used the same tracking numbers. And we ended up not paying for another one of there mistakes.

So all day I've been on the phone with moto who insist i need to contact vzw/miracast/andriod pretty much anyone but them or whomever invented the miracast lol and have them fix it lol like any one can find the creator of miracast that's like me trying to get help with Bluetooth from the creator never going to happen.

Now ive been waiting for vzw to call me back and tell me i need to pay for a broken device to get a new one which is completely idiotic, and which I've strongly explained i won't do, nor will i take a like new phone because i purchased a new phone not a used phone/ like new refurbished piece of junk that someone else had returned. many many turbos were returned because they had a problem after the update i don't want any chance of recieving any of those phones.

So my question is will vzw help me out? or should i just file for breach of contract? For up and changing the terms and conditions i originally signed for the edge program (not the device payment plan)

I didn't sign up for the device payment plan

Another question

since now i keep my phone can i just roll into a rinky dink cell phone shop and trade this piece of [removed] for a working Samsung ?

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
Re: Vzw won't help northern will moto
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Niether will moto*

0 Likes
JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue, my LG G Vista was working amazingly until a week ago with the lollipop update. I did a fdr and everything as well but it's still a piece of crap now. Being told I cannot get the original software back... And I agree about the stupid refurbished trades... Never works!

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Your phone will get better but any broken items are broken for life my sisters camera won't open vzw refuses to do anything insisting that it couldn't have been the update

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the Chromecast, do you have the Backdrop option turned on? I know I was having issues with all of my devices consistently finding the Chromecast when the Backdrop option was on. Once I turned it off and let the Chromecast use the default backdrops, I haven't had any problems finding the Chromecast with devices running Lollipop 5.1+ or Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS versions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Another droid turbo #4 coming tomorrow that's right 3 defective devices in a row all with diffrent defects I don't think these refurbs are checked by quality control vzw won't honor anything they say in the store, story changes every day. But they insist they will keep charging me full price for the phone until thet get me sent out a working phone you'd think shipping cost would eventually overcome the cost of just giving me a new working phone and making the paying customer happy but nope they just want to keep doing me more broken phones

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

You people don't read do you it's not trouble discovering the Chromecast when it connects it freezes the phone from FDR to fully custom settings

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever consider the phone freezing was caused by a different application or setting then anything to do with the screen casting?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Based on your other 2 self-authored threads and several posts on other threads and the content within, you need to cut your losses and leave Verizon.  That would make us all happy.

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed I'd be happy with that option if they didn't insist i must still pay full retail for these defective devices ive been sent

0 Likes