What gives, why are you holding the update?
madwell87

I just spoke with a Motorola rep, and they said that it is waiting for the carrier support to update to Lollipop (5.0). What gives, why are you holding the update? Are you trying to make some other phone sell better, would it not make sense to update the flagship phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What gives, why are you holding the update?
Tidbits
Legend

Call back and tell that rep stop lying...

Motorola developer said they are dropping 5.0 update for the Turbo and are working on giving 5.1 which was recently released by Google. Verizon isn't withholding anything they didn't receive.

madwell87

They have had the update, Motorola gave it to them. Pending carrier suport means that the carrier has it but has not approved it, or has not pushed the approved the update out to phones. I would trust the manufacturer of the phone over the carrier.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Again no that did not happen and it's been verified by the same developer.  A low level rep will NEVER know compared to the guy who leads the developer team for Motorola.  Sorry not buying it.

0 Likes
madwell87

Please do explain

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

pending carrier support is just a generic message.  That page said that since BEFORE 5.0 even came out when they said 5.0 was coming.  I don't put much stock in that sorry.  FYI Motorola does a soak test when they are finished with the update BEFORE it's submitted to the carrier.  Motorola removed that soak test and delivered the message 5.1 is coming at that point.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

like to give a heads up.

Visit the other forums where people are complaining about the 5.0.X updates on their devices.  Google themselves said there are major problems and that it'll be fixed with 5.1.

Regardless of what you believe transpired... Don't you think it's a good thing Motorola delayed the updated to get your a more stable version?  I am glad Motorola did that.  My Moto X I downgraded because of these problems.  I am waiting for 5.1 to come out for it before I even try again.

madwell87

I can understand waiting for a stable 5.1, but other phones get the updates before the turbo which is supposed to be the flagship phone. flagship would indicate that it has the best hardware and OS. But they could at least give a status, an official statement that they are in fact going to release 5.1 and before fall or summer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Motorola already given the official statement.  They dropped 5.0 for 5.1 for a more stable release.  They can't do that because things happen and people get sue happy over a soft date.  There's plenty of examples, and Motorola has been on the end of a few of those.

madwell87

I want the statement and status update from Verizon. I'm tired of hearing that we will get the update, or it will be updated soon. They could at least give some sort of timeline.

0 Likes