When Will My Droid Turbo 2 Get The 7.0 Update?
Foot1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

When is my droid turbo 2 going to get the 7.0 update

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When Will My Droid Turbo 2 Get The 7.0 Update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it's ridiculous that 7.1.2 (I am almost sure, anyhow) is already out but we haven't got 7.0 yet. It is funny that when you buy your phone you have a talking head nodding and bobbing, telling you all the things you want to hear. "Oh, yes, this will be one of the first phones to receive the next update blah blah blah." I know when this phone is paid off -trying to make that happen ASAP- I am going to be visiting some other carriers. What, with the lying do-anything-for-the-sale employees,  jacked up prices, and limited data does the big V have any qualities that deserve my hard earned dollar?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Motorola, hmm Lenovo, gets done writing it and tested by the various component partners and it receives the technical approval to be released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SV_Gabriel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann,

Motorola has been saying for *months* both on their Turbo 2 website and via email they are waiting on Verizon.

Are you saying they're lying?

We've been waiting an awful long time and it was promised by Verizon and Motorola...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. They and Verizon won't provide any definitive date as they can change until the update is ready.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Well, the Moto Z Force Droid was updated to Nougat in November 2016. This is what Motorala's website says as of 2/17/2017.

update.png

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Rolling out now:

DROID TURBO 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Bobmark74
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, where is this update that was supposedly released nearly a month ago? I am running 6.who cares and my phone still reports being "up to date." How is this, when 7 has been released??? More lies, big shock there. I will never buy another product from this [Removed] company- actually companies (Motorolenovo and Verizon) and will do my best to prevent anyone I can from making the same mistake.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
swise123
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update was released and then pulled due to bugs which are plaguing my phone.  I am actually about to do a chat with Verizon to see if the new upgrade is coming soon or if I can roll back.  I have multiple apps that crash consistently as well as WiFi drop-outs.

0 Likes