Where is Android 6.0 for Turbo 2?
Chasespur
Enthusiast - Level 2

On major cellphone webpages it states Verizon rolled out the update as of March 1st. Further confirming that even the Verizon website states we are proud to announce device update for Droid Turbo 2 as of 03/01/2016. Yet all over the Verizon Twitter they have stated no news about the update date has came out yet? There are a lot of furious Droid Turbo 2 owners trying to get marshmallow. All I'm saying is don't post it on your website if it's not yet available to anyone.

Verizon Admin

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is Android 6.0 for Turbo 2?
Peabody_Cottontail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Woot Woot, just checked for the update this morning and there it was. Downloading and installing now Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand rolling out the update slowly via the OTA. What has me really upset is the manual update isn't working.

jturner020
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been tweeting with CS all afternoon trying to figure it out. I've even tried using their software upgrade assistant for the PC and it's not working. They say I'm updated even though my software version is different than the updated version, yet they say I'm up to date. I don't get it.

Chasespur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I understand the frustration, it's like they don't want to give us a legitimate answer of the whole situation, they say we understand you want the update "we do too" it irritates me.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah. I have been checking for the update since midnight on the 29th and tried the PC tool as well. Called CS 3 times and got different answers. One said it might take a MONTH to reach all devices. That's just ridiculous. Android N will be out before as get our first Marshmallow update.

I am VERY disappointed in the handling of this. They started soak tests in December.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The soak test for the final build was only last week. Even if they had a test in December, there must have been issues and/or bugs that forced Motorola to reevaluate the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

After several hours over the past couple days on the phone with Tech Support with VZW and Moto, I think I finally got an answer that makes sense.  I don't like it and maybe we can find contact information for someone who can make a change for the next rollout.

To make a VERY long story short, I finally got a call back from Tier 3 Tech support at Motorola (which apparently you can't call directly).

There was apparently a miscommunication between Moto and VZW.  The check for update on our phones will only work IF we missed our OTA push for some reason.  This is a recent change in how updates are done.  The rollout usually takes about two weeks but can take up to a month.  I did forget to ask her about the SUA tool if it would work after the first week (which somewhere in my searching says it might take for it to be updated).

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have have anything to back that up? Because every article I've read contradicts what you posted.

Hearing it from your friend of a friend of a friend that works at Verizon doesn't count.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's still ridiculous. How long has the software been out again?

How can they expect to keep customers happy when they spend months adding apps and bloatware NOBODY WANTS and delaying the process for the end user.

I'm starting to consider Rooting now....

0 Likes
Anduiril
Enthusiast - Level 3

I AGREE that it sucks.  And if wasn't for the fact that I'm now using this phone for work as well as personal I would be looking into rooting and maybe Cyanogen.  And that is why I bought this phone (thinking that IT'S Verizon's flagship so I wouldn't have to wait too long on 6.0).  I was expecting it by Jan or Feb at the latest.  I'm going to guess that they had some problems.