Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Why Am I Getting A 'Gif Failed To Load' Error In Messages+?
Djrena1

I keep getting a 'Gif failed to load' error when I open my camera from Message+. I can't do anything from that screen but I can click over to the camera tab and take a normal picture, it just refuses to take a gif. I can receive gifs, and they play automatically, I just can't take one. This has been the case since receiving the phone a few months ago.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 'Gif failed to load' error in Message+ camera
GBGITCH
Enthusiast

I had the same issue, but I suspected it was because I did not have sufficient storage the first time I brought up gif mode. I used Google Play to uninstall all updates from message+ and then re installed. With sufficient local storage I then brought the gif maker back up. It initialized properly and I no longer have the error.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GBGITCH
Enthusiast

I had the same issue, but I suspected it was because I did not have sufficient storage the first time I brought up gif mode. I used Google Play to uninstall all updates from message+ and then re installed. With sufficient local storage I then brought the gif maker back up. It initialized properly and I no longer have the error.

0 Likes
Djrena1

This worked, thank you!

0 Likes