Why is there background noise on my front speaker?
MJHuber

I recently upgraded my old Droid G2 phone to the Droid Maxx. After only a few hours I started to hear a subtle hiss noise from the front speaker behind whatever was being said over the speaker. I returned the phone to the Verizon store and after much hassle was given a replacement. After only 8 hours I began experiencing the same issue. I found some information here "Motorola Knows about the Razr rattle issue | Android Forums". Verizon wants to charge a restocking fee to replace this phone with a different model. Are there any solutions to this "noise"?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there background noise on my front speaker?
Snn5
Legend

Mine did that the whole 2 years I had it.  I guess it never really bothered me or I never found a solution.  So, i figure you are talking about the Droid Maxx, not the Razr, even though it is in the Razr Maxx forum. 

0 Likes
MJHuber

Yes it is the Maxx, I thought they were the same thing.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

MJHuber Wow, we are sorry to hear you're experiencing audio issues with such a new device. We appreciate you sending the helpful link about this speaker noise problem. Please confirm the software version under settings, about phone and list the Android version.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us onTwitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes
MJHuber

the Andriod version is 4.4.4 but this has nothing to do with the noise it is the poor manufacturing of the phone itself. The noise is from the speaker vibrating because it is loose in its mounting. The Droid Maxx is anything but Maxx. My old droid G2 worked better. I didnt upgrade I downgraded with this transaction.

-

sheritah_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

sheritah_vzw created the discussion

"Why is there background noise on my front speaker?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1224508#1224508

>

0 Likes