With my Droid Maxx, the incoming text notification doesn't always work. It seems to not play if I'm sitting next to it, but does work if I'm across the room. That could be a coincidence though.
Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

Is there a setting somewhere that could cause this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: With my Droid Maxx, the incoming text notification doesn't always work. It seems to not play if I'm sitting next to it, but does work if I'm across the room. That could be a coincidence though.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out Rabbit. We never want you to miss those notifications. What app are you using to receive text messages? Did this start after an application was downloaded? Try powering in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://vz.to/11ut9b2

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: With my Droid Maxx, the incoming text notification doesn't always work. It seems to not play if I'm sitting next to it, but does work if I'm across the room. That could be a coincidence though.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out Rabbit. We never want you to miss those notifications. What app are you using to receive text messages? Did this start after an application was downloaded? Try powering in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://vz.to/11ut9b2

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

I'm just using the text app that comes with the phone and haven't installed many apps on the phone at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, Rabbit_of_Caerbannog. Were you able to try the Safe Mode JoeL recommended? Do you happen to have any type of hands free/Bluettoth device connected to your phone that may cause notifications to alert you there instead when in range?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes