asurion issue or Verizon?
to_phat

So today i went swimming with my Droid Turbo 2 (Moto Maker) Called Verizon to ask them how I need to go about getting a replacement with it being a Moto Maker version of the Droid Turbo 2. they connected me to Asurion. While going through the process of making a claim the automated system tells me that my deductible will be $100, i accept all the terms etc.. Get placed on a long hold, finally get a rep that tells me that the phone I have is not in stock and they will send me a "Droid 2" in black and its going to cost me $149.00 I asked first why is it $149 instead of the normal $100 and did not get a answer to why. New ask is the "Droid 2" as she called it a Turbo 2 or a maxx 2, which we know there is a difference. She says Droid 2 as I have in black. I ask If I'm paying more on the deductible because my phone is a moto maker phone and they are not sending me back what i have why am i paying $149, she says because that phone is not able to be ordered anymore and if you go to Motorola website you can still make the moto maker droid turbo 2 as my phone is. Another uneducated rep that says take it or leave it. She says If I'm not happy with the phone I can sure return it back to Asurion in 7 days. (Which I have a feeling i will be doing) But says if I'm not happy with the way she is processing my claim she can re connect me back to Verizon... But Verizon says I have to deal with Asurion... So Question i'm having now is...

What should my deductible have been? $100 as the automated system said in the first place or the $149 miss attitude charged me?

What will happen if they send me a Droid Maxx 2 instead of the Turbo 2 as i have?

I have a custom moto maker with black leather back case and such, Do I have to accept what they send as the replacement?

I'm so not looking forward to seeing what UPS or FedEx will be delivering come Tuesday and really wish now that i just told Verizon that my screen broke and smashed it with a hammer and got my one replacement of broken screen warranty out of them.. Guess being honest always cost more in the end.? But im sure if I did that i'd have to send the phone back to Asurion and still had to accept what ever they send me and then checked out the phone to charge me for other damages anyway since all the post and blogs I have been reading on Asurion are on how they [removed] you out of more money....

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: asurion issue or Verizon?
gearheadshad

I have had 3 iPhone 6 plus's , Paid full price on two . Sent one in for replace because Verizon store told me "insurance " claim . Not told to contact apple as phone was under warranty. Sent phone in to asurion saying it was not stolen , lost or broken but defective. Would not take claim unless it was lost, broken or stolen . Ended up with refurbished phone that did not work in a acceptable manner took to apple and was told they would not repair , it was full of non apple pieces ! Screen , etc . Say what you want verizon this is a fact and I've been with Verizon over 16 years . Go ahead and tell me all your excuses but verizon [Removed].

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Boudreau13

Asurion is an absolute joke. I've had so many issues over the years with them from them sending me broken refurbished phones. Phones with bad batteries that are allegedly brand new. All the way from a phone getting so hot that it burnt my leg in my pocket that was supposedly a new phone. Last time I had dealt with them I said that I lost my phone. And I also had a Motorola Droid turbo 2. Come to find out they haven't put an update out for this phone since 2017. They told me there's nothing they can do about it and they send me a phone that essentially is useless because it's slow I can't use the updated apps and they don't replace all of the other things that go with the phone like I had a memory card and a case.. I wish Verizon would use a different insurance company for their phones. Anytime you deal with them you might as well just tell them that you lost the phone. That's the best way to go about it

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a working device, what make and model is your current device? What issues are experiencing with the phone?

0 Likes