battery drain
daph7294
Enthusiast - Level 1

I shouldn't be responsible for paying for a phone that is continuously shutting off on me. My phone can be at 100% and if I need to use my phone it just shuts off. When I try to turn it on it doesn't turn on and shows that the battery is low and I have to plug it in, in order to use it. The only time I can use my phone is when its plugged in.  This has become very irritating and I need my phone for work and everyday things.  Is there any kind of solution for this problem ? If nothing can be done than I may need to get another phone from a different provider and go in that direction. This is very irritating and I'm not very happy that nothing is being done about this issue.

Labels (1)
Re: battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having battery issues with your device. I recommend troubleshooting the battery using our online troubleshooting assistant. Just select your device and describe the problem that best fits with the problem you are experiencing.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/

As a battery problem would be a device related issue and not a network issue, changing wireless carriers would not likely have any effect on the problem.

PaulS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daph7294
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have already gone through the troubleshooting assistant, and still to no avail the problem is still happening and its getting worse. I have to have the phone charging in order to use it. This phone is the only way people can communicate with me and because I can’t effectively use it the way I need to I need to look into another phone because at this rate it doesn’t look like there is a solution for the consistent battery drain. My phone goes from 100% at 5am to 50% or less at 10am. If I try using it for anything like checking my messages or putting a timer for work, it automatically shuts off and when I try to reboot it says low battery. It’s very frustrating.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having your battery working properly at all time is mandatory.  Let’s turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gmsantiago77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem with my battery acting erratically and turning off when it says it has charge. Please send me the fix.

0 Likes