content filter not working
skyhawk1

I recently got my two teenagers a Droid Maxx and they love it. My question is if anyone knows why the content filter option doesn't work for it. You would think the content filter would work on all phones. Seems to me that prior to releasing any new phone they should have made sure all features of the Verizon account would work. Does anyone know if they are going to resolve this issue and if so when??  I do think it is irresponsible for the feature to not work considering the number of kids using cell phones now. How can a parent who wants to control content do so if not available. I think this should be a priority with Verizon. Do they value kids safety or not?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: content filter not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, skyhawk1! Thanks for your purchase of two new Droid Maxx smartphones. I hope your teenagers are loving them! I'm very curious about the crux of your post here. You've expressed interest in Content Filtering, and stated that the service is incompatible with the Droid Maxx. Our records indicate that the model will support filtering. Can you tell me why you feel that it doesn't? Did you attempt to add or request it, only to be denied? Please share the details. Thanks!

For more info on Content Filtering, please review this link: http://vz.to/17xz67N

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
droid721
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and I am EXTREMELY upset about it! The website says content filters are unavailable on the maxx because its 4GLTE but so was the phone we upgraded from. I am furious and don't understand why that wasn't made clear before we got this phone. I want this fixed or my money back!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello droid721.

It's always important to ensure your features will work properly with your device. Do you currently have the content filters active on your line? Although content filtering is available on some 4G LTE devices, it may not be compatible with every device. There are free content filters available through the Play Store. Please keep in mind, if you download an application it is important to read the reviews to see if the application works properly.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes