deactivated/factory reset Droid Turbo 2, need help to reactive for wifi use
eaglevoice

I deactivated my Droid Turbo 2 and did a factory reset. now I find myself in the situation that I can't really go much beyond the welcome screen. I have Android 7 installed on the Droid Turbo 2. Next, the setup wizard tells me to call (877) 807-4646 to get service activated. I don't want to activate service. I only want to use the phone with wifi. Whenever I try to set it up as a new phone or restore it from Google, I get the message that no connection are available. How can I overcome this hurdle?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: deactivated/factory reset Droid Turbo 2, need help to reactive for wifi use
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have a S5 that is deactivated and when ever I restart it it always tells me to call a number to activate the phone. What I have been able to do is go into the application manager and go down to setup wizard and force stop it. Not sure if this will help with the phone that you have but I am able to connect to my home wifi and I can listen to podcast and use the browser and most of the apps that came with the phone.

0 Likes
Re: deactivated/factory reset Droid Turbo 2, need help to reactive for wifi use
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you removed the SIM card from the deactivated device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes