droid and Dodge Dart
edpeters

Droid Razr M and Uconnect (Dodge Dart)  

I purchased my "M" specifically for the handsfree  option with my vehicle.  Since I purchased the vehicle in October of 2012 the Razr M was a much needed upgrade.  However the Android platform version has been updated so many times that I have lost the functionality of the handfree portion of my driving experience.  

After spending multiple trips to the Dealer and a lengthy conversation with Uconnect...it was determined that the updated software to my Droid has caused the features of the phone that are needed while driving, useless.   I can no longer receive texts, send standard texts, receive phone calls or start a phone call through my handsfree options on my vehicle.    

One: is there anyway to revert to an earlier version, to continue using the phone that I purchased to couple with my new car?

Two: Assist me to rectify the issue, since Uconnect and the dealer concur that its now a compatability issue with Verizon/Android.

Three:  If options one and two can not be rectified, how about another phone that will work with my vehicle?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid and Dodge Dart
Not applicable

There are no Class Action Lawsuits allowed per the US Supreme Court. So joining one is only a dream and not a fact.

The original posters issues is actually with the phone maker and not Verizon wireless. The features of any phone are done via the manufacturer and Google who supplies the OS.

Verizon only sells you service to their network. Not to your car, or any thing else. They act as a retailer much as Walmart and Best Buy so unless you have service issues, not being able to make calls or access the data network, or send or receive MMS/SMS/text messages Verizon is not responsible to make connections to your vehicle, that is an issue with the maker of the device and the purchaser.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Join the class action law suit.  We fight to get Kit Kat fixed.  We do it for the phones we once loved. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are no Class Action Lawsuits allowed per the US Supreme Court. So joining one is only a dream and not a fact.

The original posters issues is actually with the phone maker and not Verizon wireless. The features of any phone are done via the manufacturer and Google who supplies the OS.

Verizon only sells you service to their network. Not to your car, or any thing else. They act as a retailer much as Walmart and Best Buy so unless you have service issues, not being able to make calls or access the data network, or send or receive MMS/SMS/text messages Verizon is not responsible to make connections to your vehicle, that is an issue with the maker of the device and the purchaser.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

What! no class Action law suits? ?! You couldn't just let us dream? 

They stole my peace,  they stole my time ...oh so much time. .. They stole my wi-fi and my joy with my phone and now you tell me that we the people can't rise up and fight the power? ?  (removed)

Edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes