notifications no longer working
joebeaster

So, in January, Motorola sent an update and since then, when I am on a call, I can no longer send notification texts, my only options are "hold and answer" or "ignore"  I cannot send a text to the caller that I am on the other line, in a meeting, or send anything.  I contacted Motorola and they said Google sent the update.  Google says that Motorola sent the update and Verizon doesn't know anything about this issue.  I would like to roll back the update or get the notifications to work properly.  I used the feature every day.  It has come back once, but I can't get it to work properly. 

I was told I could do a factory reset, but the last time I did this, I lost numbers, photos, music, and when I got back my phone contacts there were several that were duplicated.  I simply do not like doing factory resets.  I'd rather get a new phone or one that works properly.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: notifications no longer working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joebeaster

Droid Turbo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important the notification texts are, joebeaster. I'm sorry you've lost the ability to send these with the update. Let's see what we can do.

Can you please tell me if you're using the Verizon Messages, (Message+), or a different text application? Was the update on your phone or the message application?

If Message+, please uninstall all updates, (Settings> Apps> Message+). Once you do that, please go back into your Play Store and reinstall. Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes