pop3 email stays on my phone after downloading email to Outlook on my PC
TJ1776
Enthusiast - Level 2

I setup my pop3 email account on my Droid Maxx, and am receiving email there.  OK.

Later, when I download my email to Outlook on my PC, I expect those same emails to disappear from my phone.  But they don't, they stay on the phone even after being downloaded to my PC.  I don't want to have to manually delete emails from my phone, so this is NOT OK.

The emails are not being stored on the server, because they do disappear from my email web client after downloading to Outlook.  But they remain on my phone.  I see no setting to control this in the email setup on the phone.  I removed the email account from the phone and even re-installed it manually instead of using the wizard.  This starts me again at zero emails on the phone, but the problem replicates as new emails are received and subsequently downloaded to Outlook on my PC.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: pop3 email stays on my phone after downloading email to Outlook on my PC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TJ1776,

Congrats on the Droid Razr Maxx. The battery life on this phone is fantastic and I hope that you are enjoying it so far.

Your e-mail account is working as it should. Currently there is not a setting where the phone and the computer communicate. If you delete an e-mail on your computer you are going to have to delete it on the phone as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TJ1776,

Congrats on the Droid Razr Maxx. The battery life on this phone is fantastic and I hope that you are enjoying it so far.

Your e-mail account is working as it should. Currently there is not a setting where the phone and the computer communicate. If you delete an e-mail on your computer you are going to have to delete it on the phone as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TJ1776
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info, Nicholas.

0 Likes