razr won't start up from power button
kevinswife4life

my droid razr won't start up by pushing the power button.it will only come up if I plug it in to my wall charger

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: razr won't start up from power button
Snn5
Legend

I never had this issue in the 2 years I owned my Razr Maxx.  At this point, if you are still under warranty, you can have that replaced.  If not.....then you may have gotten a good 3-4 year run out of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kevinswife4life, oh, no! Let's bring life back to that device. Does the phone have any physical or liquid damage? Have you charged the device for a minimum of an hour or to full capacity yet?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jasonchoyce

My phone started shutting down without the ability to turn on until I plugged in the charger and reboot it a few months ago even when it has a full charge.  It has happened about 30 times now but it only happens when I'm in one specific conference room that has very week reception.  When I reboot my phone will sometimes show that I have low to no battery life but within seconds it says I have full battery strength.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasonchoyce,

That seems to be very odd. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get the device back up and running with no issues. Are you using the Droid RAZR as well? Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? Did you notice this started to happen after downloading any new applications? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
jasonchoyce

I do have a razor max but I have not had any water damage but I've dropped it a couple of times. This all relates to a low signal strength inside our conference room that for some reason causes the phone to power down and then when I plug it back in to get it to turn on, it typically shows that I have no battery power and then within seconds I show full power again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange, jasonchoyce! Please try starting the device in Safe Mode to see if it duplicates again. Here is a link with instructions: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50079/

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport  

0 Likes
jasonchoyce

Unfortunately it did not work. I started the phone in safe mode and walked into the conference room (this issue only occurs in this one specific conference room) and the phone almost immediately turned off on its own. As usual, I had to plug it back in to turn it on and I had a 70% battery life.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasonchoyce,

Thank you for testing the device in safe mode. I must say it is odd that the device powers itself on when in only a specific conference room. It sounds as if maybe the conference room may have something in or around it that is causing interference. Do others experience this same issue when they enter the conference room?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
jasonchoyce

other than other peoples phones having Lu signals they don't have any similar reactions.

0 Likes