service not working
kwame1

I have an xt912 that will not connect to my 4g lte network and I received the phone as a gift from a friend who was kind enough to let me have it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: service not working
Not applicable

Does the phone have a verizon Sim? Is it a verizon branded usable device? Are you trying to use it as a stand alone device, such as a web browser, music player.

Are you trying to use it on Verizon's network? If you are you must add it to your account before you can access the 4G LTE verizon network.

Good Luck

0 Likes
kwame1

I am using a different service provider I do not have Verizon but my provider uses 4g lte network as well is will I never be able to use the phone unless I switch to Verizon... and I would have to wait a year to avoid early termination fees

0 Likes
Not applicable

No you have to be a customer of verizon wireless. Now if your friend gave you a phone from the company you use then it could be added as a replacement device or added on as another line.

A verizon phone only works on the verizon network. Only exception I am aware of is the new iphones.

Good Luck

0 Likes
kwame1

Well thank you for your time one last thing was that my provider asked if the phone can be unlocked though I do not know what or how to do that and would it violate your policy for Verizon phones

0 Likes
Not applicable

No verizon device can be unlock for cellular service in the US.

Besides like I said they are carrier dependent. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA technology but a Sprint device will not work on a verizon network. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM and outside of the new iphones no other device that is CDMA will operate on their networks.

Verizon will not unlock it even for out of country use since you are not their customer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
kwame1

That makes a lot of sense thank you for helping me clear this up I'll just have to use this phone as an iPod or something like that but thank you again

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elector wrote:

No you have to be a customer of verizon wireless. Now if your friend gave you a phone from the company you use then it could be added as a replacement device or added on as another line.

A verizon phone only works on the verizon network. Only exception I am aware of is the new iphones.

Good Luck

Some of the newer Android phones are also completely SIM unlocked including the country unlock. For example, the Verizon Wireless branded Galaxy S4 can technically be activated on the AT&T or T-Mobile network with one of their SIM cards. It won't have the full data connection like LTE, but it will work.

I don't recall if the DROID Razr was one of those models capable of working on a US based GSM carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes