vibrate not working
halfpint143
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do i fix the vibrate on my phone the settings are right on the one even when i set the volume button to vibrate it don't work when i shake it or bump it slightly it seems to work

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: vibrate not working
B33
Legend

I figured out the Vibrate issue to get your phone to Vibrate only Take and hold your lower Volume button and pull the Volume all the way day to were you feel the Vibrate motor activate if you hold past it Vibrating you will go into Silent mode.. I trialed this and it worked when I called my Razr Maxx..  Hope that Helps b33

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Try a running a Power Cycle if you haven't lately or Run a system cache clear..  see if that clears the issue if not let me know we can try something else..

0 Likes
halfpint143
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm not sure what any of that means i'm new with this phone

0 Likes
halfpint143
Enthusiast - Level 2

and will i lose any of my contacts if i do any of this

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nope! not running a power cycle or running a Cache clear.. your just clearing the cob webs in the phone..  here are the links for the following instructions follow as they show.. b

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/prod_guided_assistant/g_id/2498/p/30,6720,8417...

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/66428

0 Likes
mak7809

I am having this same issue. I have tried safe mode, cache clear, as well as a factory reset. UGH

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you updated the latest update I mentioned a few days ago it's small update but it's suppose to correct some issues and it may help to correct the one your currently seeing it when i looked at the update contents it says it can take up to 10 min to download and no call can be made and it's wise to have a good solid connection so you might try the update if haven't see if that should help the issue..  I'll keep looking into the issue you guys are seeing b33

Look at this Link for the small update info Not a big Update!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I figured out the Vibrate issue to get your phone to Vibrate only Take and hold your lower Volume button and pull the Volume all the way day to were you feel the Vibrate motor activate if you hold past it Vibrating you will go into Silent mode.. I trialed this and it worked when I called my Razr Maxx..  Hope that Helps b33

B33
Legend

One other thing worth Noting if you decide to take the Update make sure your Battery is fully charged as the update will stop and remind ya the battery needs > charging.. I had my Razr on the charger and the battery had 20% life and  the update wouldn't proceed..  so just a heads up.. b33

0 Likes