voicemail icon
jayrian

Phone says I have a voicemail. Checked. I do not have a voicemail pending.  How can I clear the voicemail from the top of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voicemail icon
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you done a system cache clear?  It won't erase any data or settings, but may clear that pesky icon:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

If that doesn't work, then perhaps a call to customer service (choose option 4 and then say "Agent" at the prompt to talk to a real person) will help.  They may be able to reset your voicemail from their end.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you simply listen to voicemails but do not press 9 to "save" or press 7 to "delete", they are still seen as "new". 

Have you tried powering down the phone and restarting it?  Clear system cache?  Pulling the SIM to reset the network connection?

0 Likes
jayrian

I have tried powering down. I did press 7 to delete the voicemail that I

had prior to the icon showing. I have not tried the SIM card yet.

0 Likes
jayrian

Tried the SIM card.  Icon still showing

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you done a system cache clear?  It won't erase any data or settings, but may clear that pesky icon:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

If that doesn't work, then perhaps a call to customer service (choose option 4 and then say "Agent" at the prompt to talk to a real person) will help.  They may be able to reset your voicemail from their end.

0 Likes
jayrian

Worked.  Thank you!

0 Likes