when will i get marshmallow for my droid maxx 2
riverrat510

when will it roll out i have 5.1.1

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: when will i get marshmallow for my droid maxx 2
Amy656
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would make sure you look for issues that others are having with the update before you install it.  I have a 3 month old Droid turbo 2 that won't charge since I updated 3 days ago and I cannot find a fix for it. Beware

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

DDid you do a hard reset?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are supposed to make your phone run better not worse. I am sorry to hear this is happening, Amy656. Let’s get this resolved. What happens when you attempt to charge the phone? Have you tried different chargers to see if the issue duplicates? Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dizzle18

How about answering the first question regarding the Marshmallow update for the Droid Maxx 2? This phone has been out for more than 6 months at this point, and I have yet to receive a single software update. Not one. If this update isn't released within a month, I think Verizon should give the people who were big enough suckers to buy this phone the option to exchange it for a phone that Verizon won't completely ignore.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reps can't answer something they don't have any information on. Even if they did, they couldn't release the information until the official release has occurred.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Denis_Iastrebov
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update is being rolled out: DROID MAXX 2 by Motorola Software Update | Verizon Wireless

But looks like I can't get the update via the phone menu or even the Verizon update assistant.

Verizon:

Please provide the OTA links for manual download and installation of the following files:

SU1A: 23.44.3.lux_verizon.verizon.en.US

SU2B: 24.64.4.lux_verizon.verizon.en.US

badcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having problems with this update. I have tried both the OTA and  the Motorola Device Manager without success.

0 Likes
badcat
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reps are taking a page from the AT&T playbook. Just don't answer any questions. The carriers seem to think that stonewalling their "valued" customers is a good business decision. It only makes things worse. Just tell us what you can and be frank and upfront about it. If there's a problem of some sort just tell us. I'll understand if they're having issues as long as they keep us informed and are actually trying to fix things.

This update apparently has been released except it seems no one can actually download it. This is the question that needs to be addressed. Why can't anyone access the update?

Denis_Iastrebov
Enthusiast - Level 2

badcatz, I am getting it now!

first file got installed. waiting for the second one to be downloaded and installed.

we'll post later.