why does all 3g signal drop out when wifi turned on?
bad2bac

When I return home and connect to my wifi, I lose my 3g 2 bar signal and can't make /receive calls and text. When I turn off the wifi on the phone my 3g 2 bars returns and calls and text go through.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why does all 3g signal drop out when wifi turned on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bad2bac,

Having a working phone, especially at home, is a must. It’s normal for your WiFi signal to take over your cellular network when the WiFi signal is stronger than what it available via the network. I do want to be sure that we are both on the same page though. What happens when you try to text or place a voice call? Which make/model device are you using?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bad2bac

New Turbo 2 phone, I have been told by Verizon the Advanced Calling feature will not work on dynamic IP and can verify that I have tried it with no better results. When I walk out beyond my wifi network I get 2-3 bars of 3G and can make and receive calls and text. I am looking forward to summer. But when I come back in range and connect to my wifi the 3G signal drops out immediately. On a good day, I am only able to make calls from inside my house if I place the phone near a window and don't touch or move phone. Simple text messages can take minutes to send, if they send at all, I usually get 'Message did not send" and need to retry. Best results are when I hold phone as high as possible. Picture text I have to go outside. The signal goes directly over my by about 15-20 feet. If I go outside and stand on something and reach for the sky I get 3g-4g immediately. Everything mentioned above also goes for my wife's phone.

An antenna that would direct the signal over my head down would work great! Thank You.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bad2bac,

You shouldn’t have to hold your device in a certain position. Let’s further look into this for you.
What zip code are you in?
How long has this been a concern for?
What happens when you turn the Advanced Calling feature off?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bad2bac

04042.  This has been an issue since we moved here a few months ago. The Advanced Calling feature does not make any difference in quality of calls or text whether it is on or off.

I can verify that the higher in the air the phone is the better the reception, 5 feet higher makes a difference in reception. If I go outside and hold the phone up the reception improves and calls and texting is possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for supplying that information to us bad2bac. Let’s keep working to see what’s going on. Is this only happening on your device? Has there been any recent updates to your device (software related)?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like your house is blocking the signal. If you have Calling Enabled, try using Messages+ as a feature of this application is to use Wi-Fi to make calls and send texts.

0 Likes
bad2bac

As I said in a previous post, my wife's phone has the same issue. So does everyone on the Verizon Wireless network who comes to visit.

We are paying a lot of money monthly for this service and can't make calls. Not Good.

0 Likes
bad2bac

I was told by Verizon that Advanced Calling feature does not work with a dynamic IP. I can verify that is correct, that feature does not work on my network.

thank you

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes