wifi calling
antoourfalian

Hello,

I have tried many times to activate the WIFI calling feature on my DROID TURBO 2 but to no avail. I just get the error message saying "Unable to activate Wi-Fi calling at this time. Please try again later."

Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: wifi calling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Wifi calling feature activated on your line? Do you have the latest version of the OS?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
antoourfalian

how do i activate it on my line? i have the OS updated to the latest

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sign into your MyVerizon account online and add the HD Voice feature on your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
antoourfalian

That had already been done on my account and HD voice had already been enabled with Video. I can't seem to get it to work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm getting the same error message tonight on my Pixel - trying to experiment with wifi calling and it won't turn on.

I have HD enabled on my Verizon account online; I have Advanced Calling turned on in my phone settings.  When I try to turn on wifi calling, it spins for a bit, then says "...try again later".  Rebooted the phone, cleared cache, still no go.

Guess I won't be experimenting with it tonight after all ...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My husband's Pixel does the same thing.  We have HD and video calling enabled (and have used the video calling feature; it works) but wifi just spins and then says it can't be enabled and to try again later.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess it is a good thing I never turned the wifi calling on yet on my phone. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

We plan to do some traveling over the next couple of months, and there may be places where wifi is a better option than cellular, so I wanted to test it out and see how/if it worked and how well.

Update:  Tonight the wifi setup went through - although it doesn't seem to be using wifi.  I turned off cellular, made a call and there was no indication if it was wifi or cellular - I thought there was an icon or indicator in the status bar when a call was over wifi?

Anyway, I'll leave it on and see how things go over the next couple of days.  Stay tuned...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be worth trying it in Airplane Mode with the WiFi radio turned on.

0 Likes