Additional Fire TV devices unable to pair with VMS1100 Media Server
bpg1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on the Most Fios TV 3.0 with the CR1100 router with the unlimited streaming bundle package but only 2 simultaneous streams at a time.  Presently, have configured a FireTV and a second 4K Max Fire Stick successfully able to stream all Fios TV channels via the VMS1100 media server.    

In trying to add an additional Omni Fire 4K TV as a potential streaming device it will not pair with VMS server and can only stream a limited number of channels via Uplyft.   When looking into the streaming source within the FiosTV app on the Amazon Omni 4K Fire TV it displays the VMS server but it shows as a blank circle (not available) and indicates below that the client is "Unable to reach your Verizon Media Server".  It allows me to try to Pair to the  VMS1100 media server but just spins and never connects.

I purchased another 4K Max Fire Stick just like the one that is already working to see if some Omni 4K TV issue working with the backend but that too does the exact same thing and it can only stream via Uplyft with the same results as the Amazon Omni 4K Fire TV.  I opened a ticket with Verizon 3 months ago and all I received is that it has been escalated to the Development team but nothing back after numerous requests for status.

Everything is configured correctly on the Amazon devices on the exact same wireless network connected via the Verizon router, with excellent signals, etc.  Tried the ONT, router and VMS reboots, reset the Fire TV devices, configuration reviews, etc. but still can't get either of these two additional devices to pair with the VMS server and only stream limited channels via Uplyft.  This is not a simultaneous stream issue as there are no active streams when trying to connect either of these 2 additional devices.

I looked into the VMS1100 media server device connection list and the Omni 4K TV is listed as an authorized device, along with the other two that are successfully working.   The latest 4K Max device I just tried though will not even show up.   Verizon Tech support has been useless.  Thoughts if anyone has come across a similar scenario, etc. with potential resolution would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bpg1234 wrote:

I'm on the Most Fios TV 3.0 with the CR1100 router with the unlimited streaming bundle package but only 2 simultaneous streams at a time.  Presently, have configured a FireTV and a second 4K Max Fire Stick successfully able to stream all Fios TV channels via the VMS1100 media server.    

In trying to add an additional Omni Fire 4K TV as a potential streaming device it will not pair with VMS server and can only stream a limited number of channels via Uplyft.   When looking into the streaming source within the FiosTV app on the Amazon Omni 4K Fire TV it displays the VMS server but it shows as a blank circle (not available) and indicates below that the client is "Unable to reach your Verizon Media Server".  It allows me to try to Pair to the  VMS1100 media server but just spins and never connects.

I purchased another 4K Max Fire Stick just like the one that is already working to see if some Omni 4K TV issue working with the backend but that too does the exact same thing and it can only stream via Uplyft with the same results as the Amazon Omni 4K Fire TV.  I opened a ticket with Verizon 3 months ago and all I received is that it has been escalated to the Development team but nothing back after numerous requests for status.

Everything is configured correctly on the Amazon devices on the exact same wireless network connected via the Verizon router, with excellent signals, etc.  Tried the ONT, router and VMS reboots, reset the Fire TV devices, configuration reviews, etc. but still can't get either of these two additional devices to pair with the VMS server and only stream limited channels via Uplyft.  This is not a simultaneous stream issue as there are no active streams when trying to connect either of these 2 additional devices.

I looked into the VMS1100 media server device connection list and the Omni 4K TV is listed as an authorized device, along with the other two that are successfully working.   The latest 4K Max device I just tried though will not even show up.   Verizon Tech support has been useless.  Thoughts if anyone has come across a similar scenario, etc. with potential resolution would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I kind of hate to suggest this, but can you de-authorize one of the working devices and see if you can then pair one of the non-working devices? If so then there is an issue with billing that hasn't seen the device count for your account upgraded to 5 devices from the standard 2 devices.

bpg1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but I've done this multiple times to no avail.  Can only think something on the backend that Verizon needs to address. 

Any other suggestions by you or others on this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bpg1234 wrote:

Thanks but I've done this multiple times to no avail.  Can only think something on the backend that Verizon needs to address. 

Any other suggestions by you or others on this would be appreciated.

So when you tried to un-pair one of the working devices, then pair one of the non-working devices they don't work? That is a billing department issue. They apparently did NOT correctly authorize your account.

bpg1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you say "unpair" I want to understand exactly what you're saying.  There are 2 places in the VMS1100 settings where I see connected device information.  The first one is in Settings where there is  "Connected App Devices" which has both "Active Devices" and  "Removed Devices".  Under Active Devices are presently the  2 devices which actually work.  There was a third entry for the 4K TV which didn't work so have removed that device.  I'm not sure if this is what you're saying as unpairing the device.  When I did deactivate a device and tried one of the new Fire devices they never populated in the Active Device list.  Presently only have the 2 working devices or can only add the one back that was deactivated.

There is another location under "Customer Support" called "Top Support Tools" and then "Connected Device Status" where you can see the status of connected devices. 

On this screen ALL 4 of my devices (2 that work and 2 that don't) are displayed with the ability to "De-Authorize" which ever one(s) you choose.  When I first went into this screen there were redundant entries for the Amazon Omni 4K TV so I de-authorized all of them and then when I went back to the 4K TV it indicated I now needed to sign in to authorize the 4K TV which isn't right since I have the unlimited streaming device bundle so should of happened automatically.  Regardless after logging into my Verizon account on the 4K device showed up in this list again but still no difference in the 4K Fire TV actually pairing with the VMS so could stream all my subscribed channels and only got to the limited Uplyft cloud  channels that are available.

So I have raised this provisioning concern now to 3rd level VZ support but curious if either of these two deactivate/de-authorize is what you mean when you say un-pair?  Thanks once again for your suggestion.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bpg1234 wrote:

When you say "unpair" I want to understand exactly what you're saying.  There are 2 places in the VMS1100 settings where I see connected device information.  The first one is in Settings where there is  "Connected App Devices" which has both "Active Devices" and  "Removed Devices".  Under Active Devices are presently the  2 devices which actually work.  There was a third entry for the 4K TV which didn't work so have removed that device.  I'm not sure if this is what you're saying as unpairing the device.  When I did deactivate a device and tried one of the new Fire devices they never populated in the Active Device list.  Presently only have the 2 working devices or can only add the one back that was deactivated.

There is another location under "Customer Support" called "Top Support Tools" and then "Connected Device Status" where you can see the status of connected devices. 

On this screen ALL 4 of my devices (2 that work and 2 that don't) are displayed with the ability to "De-Authorize" which ever one(s) you choose.  When I first went into this screen there were redundant entries for the Amazon Omni 4K TV so I de-authorized all of them and then when I went back to the 4K TV it indicated I now needed to sign in to authorize the 4K TV which isn't right since I have the unlimited streaming device bundle so should of happened automatically.  Regardless after logging into my Verizon account on the 4K device showed up in this list again but still no difference in the 4K Fire TV actually pairing with the VMS so could stream all my subscribed channels and only got to the limited Uplyft cloud  channels that are available.

So I have raised this provisioning concern now to 3rd level VZ support but curious if either of these two deactivate/de-authorize is what you mean when you say un-pair?  Thanks once again for your suggestion.

Sorry I had a terminology block. I should have said deactivate and activate. From what you describe, the account was never authorized for more than 2 devices. They need to scrap the account and start from scratch for you to get this straight. there is also some rule as to how many times you can activate and deactivate, but I'm not sure what the rule is. It really isn't a very robust solution for streaming the way most people would use it.

bpg1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's strange as there were 3 entries showing as Active after I added the 4K TV back in May but it would not work.  Even after deactivating all the devices I could never get the new ones to populate but they do show up under the Top Support Tools section. 

Verizon has really made this more complicated than it needs to be.  The Unlimited Device Connections should not be restricted in just adding them since you can only stream 2 at a time anyway.    Not sure what to think but been going on 3 months and all the first level did was escalate to the development team who I'm told on today's call with another rep haven't done anything.  As such, raised to a 3rd level IT group (so I'm told).  I do think it's a backend issue of some sort whether it be with number of connections or how many activates/deactivates in a period but regardless it is on their end. 

Thanks again for your assistance.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes
billo33

I'm having the same issue, except I have 3 devices that work and the 4th device worked for a little bit but now won't reconnect to the VMS.  Have you received an update or solution from Verizon Support?

0 Likes