**Note: I am reposting this message because I had to re-register for the Verizon Community Forums after not being able to log-in to respond to my messages. **
I received a bill on 6/15/2015 for $388 for a 'damaged dropwire' that supposedly occurred on May 29, 2015.
On May 27, 2015 I reported a service outage because my Verizon Fios cable and internet were not working. I tried rebooting my router and rebooting my ONT based on instructions from my Verizon In-Home Agent app on my laptop. When that did not work I contacted Verizon and spoke to a representative who tried to assist me over the phone. He was extremely friendly and helpful - I wish I could remember his name to give due credit! When that did not work, the service representative told me someone would need to come to my home to fix the issue.
I told the representative that I was moving out of my rental home on May 31 and it was not worth it for someone to come out and fix the issue. The phone representative insisted that someone come out because I was still paying for the service through June 8, 2015 (the date of my contract expiring.) The representative also told me that he would expedite my service request because I was so friendly on the phone - this is a recorded conversation.
When a repair man came to my home he told me that a line had been cut and he installed a temporary line. My landlord had been doing work in the backyard to prepare for new tenants so I can only assume that he cut the line while digging up bricks. This information was relayed to me with minimal details and the temporary line had already been installed without my consent. There was zero mention of a bill resulting from this service, otherwise I would not have authorized the repair because I was moving out of my rental property on May 31.
I am very happy with the service I received over the phone from Verizon, thank you. But I am frustrated that I did not want a service repair to begin with and that there was absolutely zero mention of an astronomical fee resulting from this repair. There was no evidence presented to me that the line was cut. I intend to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau as it appears that a lot of customers are receiving bills for damaged dropwires with arbitrary amounts charged.
Thank you for your assistance with my issue!
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.
Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.
To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.