Terrible Customer Service!!Verizon Fios wants to Charge me $99 to look at issue with Verizon wiring!
NYC89635

Greetings,

I have a Verizon's Coaxial wire coming in to my house that is melted at the splitter. I have tried numerous times work with technicians over the phone to resolve this issue. My Internet and TV service is constantly going out and TV picture is continuously freezing and pixelating. I have explained the melted wire conditions to the Verizon phone tech. They said the only way they can send a technician is if i Pay $99. This is absurd!!!! how can a company charge me well over $250 a month for service and then charge me such a high rate just to come "look" at their equipment. I have been a valuable costumer with Verizon Fios since it was first rolled out. years ago, Their complete disregard for my issue is absurd. Its is extremely frustrating dealing with the Customer service !!!! I have tried to escalate the issue with no avail!!! When I ask to speak to their direct manager Im told that I will receive a call (at their convenience!!!!) I have never dealt with a company with such disregard.

I also have reason to believe they supplied the wrong splitter to begin with, something they should most definitely replace. This whole situation is completely ridiculous, and the companies lack of accountability is scary to say the least.

I'm forced to look at the Verizon's competitors, to possibly change providers. Luckily the other cable provide has been installing high speed fiber optic network in my area.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1ZPZGWykyqu7DVb29 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Terrible Customer Service!!Verizon Fios wants to Charge me $99 to look at issue with Verizon wir
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.

You could try reaching out to Verizon's social media support team.  You can get to them by tweeting @Verizonsupport or through their Facebook page.

That said, Verizon doesn't own the coax cables and splitters in customer's homes.  The cables from the ONT to the set-top-boxes are our responsibility.  Verizon owns and maintains the fiber, the ONT and the boxes, but we own the coax that runs between them.

I believe they still sell a wire maintenance plan that may cover issues like this, but it sounds like you didn't purchase it.  Know that you do not need to hire Verizon to fix the damaged cables.  Coax isn't too hard to work with, you might be able to fix it yourself or you could hire a handyperson to do it for you.

Melting like that is very unusual.  It could be caused by improper grounding and a nearby lightning strike, or proximity to a heat source.  Depending on what caused it, there could be other issues.  You should ask Verizon if you agree to the $99 fee and they find a problem in their equipment, will they still charge it?

View solution in original post

Re: Terrible Customer Service!!Verizon Fios wants to Charge me $99 to look at issue with Verizon wir
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.

You could try reaching out to Verizon's social media support team.  You can get to them by tweeting @Verizonsupport or through their Facebook page.

That said, Verizon doesn't own the coax cables and splitters in customer's homes.  The cables from the ONT to the set-top-boxes are our responsibility.  Verizon owns and maintains the fiber, the ONT and the boxes, but we own the coax that runs between them.

I believe they still sell a wire maintenance plan that may cover issues like this, but it sounds like you didn't purchase it.  Know that you do not need to hire Verizon to fix the damaged cables.  Coax isn't too hard to work with, you might be able to fix it yourself or you could hire a handyperson to do it for you.

Melting like that is very unusual.  It could be caused by improper grounding and a nearby lightning strike, or proximity to a heat source.  Depending on what caused it, there could be other issues.  You should ask Verizon if you agree to the $99 fee and they find a problem in their equipment, will they still charge it?