Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My phone number shows as 'suspected spam' when I call someone - what can I can do?
bburnskm

I barely even use my phone as a phone, much less spam people! Is there anything I can do to fix this? How could this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone number shows as 'suspected spam' when I call someone - what can I can do?
glitchedpixel

Change your number?

0 Likes
Re: My phone number shows as 'suspected spam' when I call someone - what can I can do?
bburnskm

I was hoping for something a little easier - I've had this number for 10 years now... I don't understand how it could even happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bburnskm, we do understand that this has been an issue that you have had to go though when making your calls. When it comes to being listed as a Suspected Spam number, is this message appearing on your device or on theirs? If their device is the one that is showing this message, the person you are trying to reach will need to change the settings on their device to recognize your device as a non Spam number. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
bburnskm

Thank you for replying - it appeared on their phone, along with my full name.

The issue though is that I don't want my number showing up as spam on anyone's device!

Do you know how such things are determined, or what can be done to correct it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bburnskm, I understand not wanting your number to show as a potential spam caller. This can be from the result of spoofing calls, someone using your number to call people and show a local number. The individual can change how the device recognizes the number in the settings as a nonspam call. You also have the option of changing your number as well. I have supplied a link to the steps. https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyvpostpay.verizonw...

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman

Unfortunately, telemarketers spoofed your mobile phone number to place unwanted calls, and, the number has been flagged as a result.

Even though telemarketers will move along and switch to another spoofed number, the damage has been done to your mobile number.

The solution is looking like a brand new mobile number. Sadly, that number could eventually end up being spoofed as well.

0 Likes
JohnRSND

What a useless reply from VZ...What if you're calling an employee who doesn't have your number in their phone? I'd like to know what caused my number to be listed as a spam number!

dchaps00

That sounds terrible. How do you get it not to do that if calling someone you haven't talked to before? (but already connected via email, i.e. while doing standard business)

dchaps00

"Change your number"? Again, sounds terrible

0 Likes