Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign in Pin required each time?
clairevee1986

Hello,

I am having an issue with the Verizon Messages/My Verizon websites. Specifically: www.vtext.com

I have used this feature to send and receive messages for the past couple of years and it has always worked well. I always use the same device to access the website and have never had an issue. Last Tuesday (11/14), after I entered my number and password and clicked sign in, it brought me to a page that says it needs to "Send Pin" Specifically: "For your protection. We would like to verify your identity before you access your account. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access."

The first time I saw it I was like, okay fine, I guess maybe something changed and I thought it would be a one time thing. However, it now asks to send a pin to my phone EVERY time I go to login. Every single time. I have entered a new pin probably over 10 times now when I login and this is getting quite annoying. Can't it remember the device I am using and not request the pin there? Is there a way to get rid of this feature?

Has anyone else experienced this issue and been able to disable this feature?

Labels (1)
Re: Sign in Pin required each time?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details and bringing this to our attention clairevee1986. Yes, it is now verifies your account with the PIN but it should not send you a new PIN everytime. We always want your website to work flawlessly. I know how convenient is it, I personally use it as well. I am confident that we can help you figure this out. Since 7/27/16, the vtext portal service (www.vtext.com) is no longer available, however when you go to that site, it forwards to the new messaging portal: https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do. What happens if you sign in at www.vzw.com on your computer, hover your mouse over "My Services" and then click on "Send A Message"?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
br54999

I have the same issue - Every time I sign into my Verizon Wireless account it requires a PIN number.  I understand the need for "keeping every thing secure" but this is really a nuisance.  Is there any way to opt out?  I don't mind it asking the Secret Question, the need to have a PIN sent by text or email every time is quite annoying and unnecessary.

jav6
Leader

Can you identify what device, what browser or what app you are using to sign in to your Verizon account? Are you using a user name login or phone number? Is your browser set to clear cache upon exit?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
br54999

Microsoft Edge browser and no, it does not clear the cache each time.  I also have the box checked to remember me.  No app, just straight to the verizonwireless.com website.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

I'm using MS Edge on my HP Compaq running Windows 10 Pro on a 64-bit OS,x64-based processor with Comcast Internet and am NOT experiencing the issue of having PIN requested every login.   My Verizon->My Profile has all these fields set except the Single Sign On (not linked):

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
br54999

Mine just started this after I had some other issues with a device on my account.  Not sure what is going on.  Supposedly a rep will contact me shortly.  Problem is, my idea of shortly is not the same as their. 

0 Likes
br54999

All fixed after a Verizon Rep called.  An alert was placed on my account due to all the changes made by different Verizon Rep's trying to fix an issue.  Hopefully, now that the alert has been removed, this will not be an issue anymore.

0 Likes
BRIMIL63

Mac OS/Safari user here - I'm experiencing the same issue - logging on to verizonwirelles.com, I get the message that I need a "One-time" PIN sent to me either via text or email.  I've repeated this process several times, and still must jump through this hoop to log on.  I was about to try a different browser, but I see the issue exists on Windows machines as well, so I doubt it's a Safari issue.

Please, Verizon, fix this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BRIMIL63, I use My Verizon online account on a daily basis, so I can definitely understand how inconvenient it is, to have to receive a pin before you can log in to your account. Do you have other lines that are registered for a My Verizon account? If so, are they having the same issue? Did you make any changes to your account recently? JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes