Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do I need a New Pin each time I log onto the Verizon Website?
TSCH88

Starting early Monday morning, each time I tried to log onto the website, I was asked to have a PIN # texted or emailed. I spent at least 2 hours on the phone trying to figure out what had changed. Eventually I was told that Verizon was requiring this until Thursday morning because of concerns for hacking and unauthorized additions of new phones to accounts. I was told that starting today, Verizon would only occasionally ask for the PIN #. Each time I have tried today, I am still being asked for a new PIN #. I was told that Verizon was doing this to everyone. This was done because of the Cyber Monday IPhone deal. Is this happening to you? Do you know how to make it stop? Your assistance is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Why do I need a New Pin each time I log onto the Verizon Website?
jav6

There have been numerous threads relating to this same question with little resolution. There is one user that did have it fixed for them in Sign in Pin required each time?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
TSCH88

Thank you for your response. I decided to call the Tech Support number I received on Monday. After rehashing everything that had happened so far, Scott said that the issue I called about on Monday was not turned into a ticket until Wednesday. Now they expect it to be fixed by Thursday, December 7th. Scott offered to call me on Monday of next week to see if anything had changed.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes
Hattie7

I am having the same issue.  EVERYtime I go to log in and log in I have to then get a 'pin' sent to my email or phone and enter it in, before I can access my account.  What is going on???

This, for me, just started a few days ago.  Please advise.  Thank you.

0 Likes
jav6

So what browser are you using to access the website and what address are you using (verizonwireless.com or vzw.com)?   Did ANYTHING change in the last few days, like computer/browser updates or any VZW account changes?

0 Likes
jav6

There is a thread that a VZW rep said if you weren't logged in as the  'Account Owner' or no lines were designated as 'Account Owner', then a PIN would be required for every login (comment 17) Logging in and required code

0 Likes
TSCH88

Hello,

Nothing changed two weeks ago on my part. Verizon changed something and it started causing problems with a lot of customers. They have a support ticket on it and are expecting to have it fixed today. I have not had time to log on and see if it is fixed yet today.

Thank you.

0 Likes
jav6

Well, if the support ticket results in a fix for you, PLEASE share the results with the group.  And, not just that it was fixed, but exactly what was found and done.

0 Likes
TSCH88

Hello,

I am the account owner assigned to the account so it unfortunately is not that. Scott from Verizon’s support department knows there is a problem and said it was supposed to be taken care of today. I have not tried to log on yet today so I do not know if it is fixed.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TSCH88, I want to look into this and find out what is going on with the ticket. I will be sending you a private message.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes